VTOL VR

Cmdr. Zod posted his Twitch stream of beating Mission #7. I have not watched the video…hoping to preserve my Mission #7 virginity…lol…but for those that are puzzling over how to beat it:

VTOL VR is 25% off on Steam at the moment (thanks to Linebacker for sending me the e-mail referencing this…):

2 Likes

That’s my cue…
Buying.

1 Like

Really wish we could give it a whirl in MP…!

And a quick tip. When you first start learning the controls - take the time to adjust the throttle and stick positions so that your arms are resting on your chair armrests (I can’t remember if your pit has that though…) - it will make the hand movements feel easier and you won’t get fatigued leaving your arms hovering in the air. Also - and this might become obvious quickly, you can sort of double click with your hand control to hold and grip without having to constantly squeeze the finger control to hold the controls. You get used to that sorta quickly. And finally, there is an on HUD indicator of your control position - I find that particularly useful for determining if I’m accidentally inputing yaw control. You can use hardware pedals in the sim if you select it in the options…but I prefer to use the handcontrollers just because of my desk/seated position in VR…

1 Like

You might also want to bookmark this page - it has most of the user created missions and tends to get updated as missions are updated or created:

http://vtol.kevinjoosten.nl/

1 Like

What a pleasant experience!
Incredibly cool VR sim. :vr: :+1:

1 Like

v0.0.11p9 is now available on the public_testing branch!

General
    - Clear cluster bomb submunitions when restarting mission
    - Fix missing objectives when restarting mission
    - Fixed spectator camera not resetting when restarting mission
    - Fixed hardware input bindings not loading when launching editor from intro scene
Map Editor
    - Early version of new road tool

I’m sure it doesn’t mean anything…but I nominated VTOL VR for VR Game of the Year on Steam. If someone else nominates it, that will make a whole two of us that did… :wink:

5 Likes

Same here! Don’t play VR but I’ve been impressed by VTOL VR and what they’ve done with it.

I am right along with you but I can’t figure out how to vote with the phone app. I’ll pull the lever when I get home.

1 Like

From the developer:

“I’ve started a bit of experimental work on a feature for the mission editor called “Conditionals” where you will be able to set up a sort of logic graph to trigger events or objective states. This should allow for some more complex scenarios. For example, “If player completed objective A and enemy unit B is still alive, then trigger Event C”. If this gives you any ideas on some specific use case that I could add in, or you tried to create some conditional event before but couldn’t without this feature, please shoot me a PM or post in #vtolvrdev . Thanks! Here’s how the mission editor conditional system looks so far. In this case I’m editing the success condition for a mission objective.”

3 Likes

Cheers to that!

1 Like

If we chant “multi-player, multi-player, multi-player”…ya’ think it might happen? I’d give the guy $100 tomorrow if it would help get us there.

1 Like

Love watching other people play VTOL VR too…

I think they hit the Baby Milk Factory…and the barber shop, and the grocery store, and the DMV, and the Verizon store, and the Subway, and the Conoco, and the tattoo parlor (which was next to the bail bonds and payday lender store - RIP). Thankfully, the local Pet Rescue, Chick-Fil-A, and Twin Peaks were another block up…whew…

4 Likes
v0.0.11p14
Mission Editor
    - Added priority targets actions for AI pilots
Radar
    - Fixed ranges for some radars being truncated by old values
AI Pilots
    - Improved anti-radiation weapon usage
    - Fixed: AI pilots don't engage targets (broken in 11p13)
General
    - Set "Advanced Radar Physics" feature permanently enabled

The launch screen for VTOL VR is really cool now - you are up in PRI-FLY (@Hangar200 might get some PTSD!). Fun watching planes takeoff, land, trap, missed approaches…

7 Likes

STENNIS…@#%! I’m still on STENNIS…

3 Likes
v0.0.11p15
Mission Editor
    - Added non-targets list actions for AI pilots
    - Fixed unit conditionals giving incorrect results for dead aircraft
    - Added MP3 support for audio resources audio
    - Added Radar On/Off event actions for AI pilots
Units
    - Fixed droptank attachment point location on ASF-58
AI Pilots
    - Improved bomber routine for avoiding terrain and not self destructing
    - Fixed: AI pilots could see enemy fire from infinite distance
    - Adjusted behavior for reacting to RWR contacts
    - Fixed some issues with airbase navigation (affected tanker in The Island mission 1)
Wingmen
    - Added Radar On/Off voice/MFD command
General
    - Added options menu for toggling particular voice profiles
    - Changed MP3 streaming library to NAudio
    - Added "New Objective" notification to HUD
    - Fixed: distant radars sometimes showed on RWR even when blocked by terrain
    - Made a cool graphic for map loading screens
1 Like