Wag's Statement on NAS Fallon

Ah, ha!..I’d forgotten about that. Good point.

1 Like

I loved the NTTR map because,
A) I was tired of flying over Caucasus
B) Loved it in DI F-16 FF (iF-16).

4 Likes

Both excellent points!

2 Likes

I like it because it’s somewhere I recognize. I’ve flown into every airport around Las Vegas, and visited almost every landmark on the ground (my old job had me flying into Vegas every week with long layovers. Cool at first, began to suck quickly!), so it’s really neat flying around and seeing how well they’ve modelled it. Of course, with MSFS the whole world is like that, but in DCS the other options are places I’ll never fly to.

ETA: Well, with the exception of the UK. I have done two trans-atlantics to/from there. Not enough to recognize much though, especially since that was in the 21st century, not 1941!

7 Likes

I just really like using it for training. It just adds to the immersion in a really unique way.

Out of all the maps i own, i fly NTTR the 2nd most frequently because 99 percent of the stuff i do, is training.

I don’t do it because of some weird role playing thing, it just feels cool. I can fly around Caucasus with my eyes closed but the rest of the maps i own are still full of surprises

8 Likes

I would like to fly some WWII online over NTTR :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Add me on to the list, however short, of people that desperately want Fallon added. I don’t expect it to happen, but I wish.

I strongly wish that training missions and AI-related options were more plentiful in DCS. It’s a pain trying to script and hack my way to a realistic guns-cold BFM sortie, for example.

I would love a radio command to push my wingman to 2 mile separation and call fight’s on.

2 Likes

Agreed. V.Much.

1 Like

There is not much at NAS Fallon. Plus the focus of the training is more on air wing integration and planning. As somebody who has done both Red Flag and more than one Fallon, I can live without a DCS Fallon.

…although the NAS Fallon O’Club bar is much nicer…and I still have a token for a free drink there…think somebody rolled five aces natural.

8 Likes

1 Like

Such a waste…! Is the token still good? :wink:

1 Like

Actually, I think it probably is.

2 Likes

NTTR was made and promised to the Pre-Purchase A-10C customers.

1 Like