We need this for dcs

Just saw this… Oh yes double gau 8’s

3 Likes

Hehehehe just a joke of course but DCS would be the perfect platform for a test! :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah that would be hilarious!
Imagine the speed (or rather: lack of) that plane would have! :smiley:

2 Likes

Especially when you pull the gun trigger :grin:

3 Likes

Double the weight but only three engines… And only two wings. Nope. No sirree, thank you very much, but I must regretfully decline on account of my strong desire to remain amongst the living for a little longer.

4 Likes

Sure but think of the BRRRRRRRRRRT x2! :star_struck:

1 Like

Then wing mount some of those gun pods they designed for the f16 ground attack version that never took off … Brrrrrrrrrrrt to the maximum…:smile:

2 Likes

Wasn’t there some Russian gun pod that they ended up not using because it shook the plane apart?
That would be the American equivalent.

2 Likes

Bonus feature, the guns now double as an airbrake

1 Like

We could make you a bi-plane variant!

3 Likes

This is geetting better and better by the minute! Go on!

2 Likes

I like where you are going with this…
Imagine the amount of ordnance you could mount! Missiles and rockets up top, bombs of all kinds on the lower one.

Now what to do with the resulting power deficiency? Easy: 4 X F-135 engines, with the bottom two rocking swiveling afterburner cans.

@komemiute, sketch this monstrosity out, I dare you. But if the jaws of Hades open up the very moment you make the final stroke and demons haul you to the 9th circle, that’s not on me brother :wink:

5 Likes

We need defensive armament, so I figure some Vulcan turrets are in order.

Now as we known from all World-War designs is we can’t have enough guns. So optionally we will have 25mm gun pods a-la Harrier available to really get the lead out on those under-utilized wings.

2 Likes

You know what? I’m totally doing it!
I wish I could give it that Hayao Miyazaki vibe…

5 Likes

Haha we can call it a Red Pig :smiley:

3 Likes

I beg to differ…
'Hawg Rosso

1 Like

'Hawg titano

1 Like

Clearly not an F-111

1 Like

Because a similar approach worked so well for the P-51… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

My experience from Kerbal Space Program tells me that this will work, but we’re gonna need more struts.

6 Likes