Well... Unemployed again

resists the urge to post a picture of Meghan Markle

2 Likes

Yeah and not only because of legalities. I let a personal relation’s worth of resentment (between my boss and me) damage the entire organisation. Like I said, it made me the bad guy. Morality trumps legality when it comes to keeping me from ever pulling a stunt like that again.

But then, I am a homemaker now. Dirty diapers, filthy laundry, food, tears and toys are what I’m concerned with. My wife does the coding. And she’s not one to code time bombs lol (she’s alse far better at it than me).

3 Likes

Respect.

There is a term I always recommend in situations like this: “Take the moral high-ground.”

1 Like

Case in point - before my brother or I was born, and just after my parents bought a house in 1990 my father was fired for refusing to lie about products to customers. My mother saw him come home mid-day and immediately knew why. She refused to let him sulk, and cast him off to the unemployment office. While here, he had to explain his reason for unemployment. He got no further than mentioning who his boss was before the clerk immediately approved his claim and sent him home again. His boss had such a bad reputation that even unemployment had a case on him. The remainder of the day was spent taking calls from coworkers who spread word through the industry that my father was a “free agent”, which led to a number of job offers coming in. Within a couple weeks, my dad had a job again which he kept for 10 years or so before changing industries. As I recall, the company that fired him isn’t around anymore.

So take the crappy situation in stride, it could end up being one of the best things to happen to you.

6 Likes