Went to town, today

In the capital for a flight safety conference. Had money in my pocket and some time to kill, so…

3 Likes

You bought a DJI franchise! Awesome! :smile:

5 Likes

Troll is just making sure all the attendee’s understand why you put the safety back into conference! :wink:

1 Like

Looking at the receipt, I’m asking myself if I actually did…! :astonished:

Exactly!
Let’s show everybody the true face of our common enemy! :wink:

5 Likes

Probably be followed by “He’s over there! GET HIM!” :wink:

2 Likes

Sweet…! I flew my DJI yesterday as a matter of fact…took some video of the cabin we were staying at. Will have to post up some footage later…

2 Likes

@Troll and @BeachAV8R and @TheAlmightySnark - I have a BIG QUESTION about the DKI Mavic 2…

CAN IT “LEAD” and aim the camera backwards without running into something???

I have a specific need for some bicycle education videos, and it seems that the only drone that advertises “leading” with collision avoidance is the Skydio R1. Unfortunately, this model doesn’t seem to have the greatest camera.

Does the Mavic 2, or the Zoom, have the ability to ride at cyclists’ speeds of 10-25mph for periods of time and run the camera FACING the cyclists? I specifically need to count road stripes, and distances when motorists signal to change lanes when approaching gruppetos or small pelotons.

Thanks in advance, and if any of you want to sell your time and expertise, this is something we at Bicycle Evolution would pay for.

So yes and no. The Mavic 2 can fly and film backwards very well, and follow moving objects. But you still need a skilled drone operator. And to do it right, a camera operator too. In other words if you are looking for some autonomous super drone that can navigate perfectly, avoid all objects, and track a peloton while flying backwards at 25 mph, it’s probably not in the prosumer space. Come to think of it, perhaps not in the commercial space either.

1 Like

As Chipwich is saying, what you need is a drone operator. You could consider looking for a photographer that also has a drone as a side business. A lot of them use it for extra shots, and overview shots and are very capable of getting the images you need. Though this will obviously cost a bit of money. I suppose your bicycle community does not have the experience for this?

It’s a drone then is it? I thought it was a beard trimmer in a nice hard case :grin:

2 Likes

I bet you could trim a beard with it if you were REALLY careful! :wink:

2 Likes

I must admit that I’m a bit unconfortable using the term ‘drone’.
To me, it’s a quadcopter, because that’s what we called them when they were just a four engined helicopter.
This is a drone, to me.

Depends on who’s beard you’re trimming…

Yes, it’s the DJI Mavic 2 Pro, with the Hasselblad camera.

6 Likes

That Sir, is an Unmanned Air Vehicle or UAV.

A drone s something one shoots down…

…and it is painted orange.

3 Likes

Ah! My bad!
Then I definitely did not buy a drone!

1 Like

So how do we call this?

1 Like

I know it’s fake…but if someone could make it bombing a Walmart, and Walmart shooting anti-aircraft fire back at it…that’d be awesome.

3 Likes

A DroneBoss…

Updating firmware…

5 Likes