What is Discord?

Install the app, create an account, and add the MUDSPIKE server. Go into settings and bind a joystick button that isn’t used in DCS. Run the app along side DCS and pick a channel on the MUDSPIKE server. You’re dancin’. The is also an overlay that you can run on top of DCS that will tell you who is blabbing. Search help for overlay. Even a du… daoh. Never mind. :smiley:

Additionally, you can chose audio and mic sources, so probably pick those from your Rift. Should work well, but haven’t tried the overlay in VR.

1 Like

The Rift microphone is excellent. So I find that I can forgo PTT and so far no complaints. I use spacebar to mute when I need to. I try to avoid chat. I haven’t tried the overlay either nor do I know if it works in VR.

Click the bullhorn icon at the top of the page @chipwich .

mudspike_discord

mudspike_discord-01

Then use the “connect” button in the lower right of the page that pops up when you click the bullhorn icon.

This will send you to a page with an invite to join the Mudspike Discord channel.
You can use that invite to create your Discord account or login to Discord if you already have an account.

There will also be a page/form during the registration process that allows you to secure the account to an email which will send a confirmation link but that should not be something new for you since you have joined one or more forums. :sunglasses:

Wheels

That’s pretty cool Wheels. Didn’t know that the web site was so integrated. :+1:

1 Like

OK…let me see what I can do.

1 Like

IF (Controller == TM WH Throttle)
BindControl(PTT, “MIC SW UP”);
ELSE
Print (“Sorry, can’t help you with that.”);

———

To note, discord is a bit “dumb” so if you use the Mic SW Up for example on the TM WH, that is say button #3 (I forget the actual #) and discord will make ALL controllers’ button #3 the PTT - which in the case of MIC SW UP matches the stick’s NWS button. Also works on the MFD’s for whichever button is seen as the same # by the USB driver.

It’s a request to have it lock it to the single device, but that request hasn’t been developed into the program yet.

Well, as long as you don’t transmit, “Fox 3, MiG-21!”, then you won’t lose lock on the bandit :slight_smile: