What we podcasting?

Did he go to jail for his war crimes?

Ya, this thread is about to erupt … admins, please pull all my posts/references to Erik Prince from the site.

Are you telling me all guilty people are brought to justice?

1 Like

Hell no, especially top brass who threw billions of dollars worth of equipment and thousands of troops fresh out of boot camp onto the fire.

Send the small team SOF Blackwater guys in instead man! Light em up with their Super Tucano’s! :+1:

supertucano

I introduce to you, none other than, Mr. Erik Prince! :wink:

1 Like

Just a cautious note:

Though we can all have opinions, how we present them is important. I don’t want us to spiral out of control here and post things to get people riled up. It’s ok to disagree and if you disagree, you don’t have to argue your point of view. We are human, we all have opinions :slight_smile:

6 Likes

On a less serious note, I listened to an old Ron Burgundy Podcast where he interviews a Sommelier and it had me in stitches … one of his best … classy, classy stuff! :smiley:

1 Like

I stumbled upon this and even though I’m only into the first dozen episodes I can safely say…It’s Incredible!!! :star_struck: And I highly recommend it.

The subject matter is much more than Piracy on The High Seas…This Podcast Dives into The World at War in The 1500-1700’s…The Politics.Strategies. World Leaders and Characters of the time.

The Episodes are Well Researched and Narrated Beautifully by The Host. It’s well worth a try …especially if you’re looking for something different and Love Naval History.
:skull_and_crossbones: :pirate_flag: :skull_and_crossbones:

6 Likes

Oooooooh, I’ll have to check this out! A very good friend of mine was a maritime archeologist based out of Greenville, and she’s dived a lot of the wrecks off the North Carolina coast. Given how much of that pirate history is tied to this state (well, both Carolinas really), I’ll look forward to this. Especially as much as I’ve been enjoying “Our Flag Means Death” so far.

4 Likes

I’ve been meaning to check this one out.

2 Likes

Looks like I’ll be taking a deep dive into Piracy over the next few weeks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was recommended this series by a mentor of mine, based on some policy discussions we’ve had over the last year or so. The first episode has definitely been eye-opening.

5 Likes

I listened to Sean Ryan interview E.G. … was not impressed. Guy seemed weirdly creepy to me. He must’ve been a nightmare in the field.

I’m just into the first full episode and it is TOTALLY incredible! The host has really done his research into naval history and it’s SUPER interesting. I’m really into sailing as well.

It’s going to be a challenge though because the host (who is he anyway?) has such a soothing methodical voice that I have a problem staying awake while I’m driving! I’m going to have to trudge on with this one! :smiley:

3 Likes

:sweat_smile: :rofl: :sweat_smile:
This is why I listen as I’m lying down before bed…puts me right to sleep :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You could try to incorporate some subject matter background noise to keep you awake??

4 Likes

I may have already posted this somewhere else, but, well, my memory isn’t what it used to be :slight_smile:

Speaking of ASMR? Below is a link to a YT I put up that uses part of my scripting ‘engine’ - the part that generates “Atmo”-spherical effects (like random air traffic in this case). No talking, only text concerning the high-level stuff the engine will do. It’s about to be release on the unsuspecting public. Or at least one unsuspecting volunteer, shall I say?

It’s 35 minutes of aviation noise; I planted the camera on Nellis (this is DCS of course) and let it record for a bit. It’s a different kind of soothing.

PS: I used the Echo 19 base, free, mod in this test. However to me it doesn’t really sound any different than stock.

PS: there are parts that might be a little too loud for napping - I didn’t edit anything, like equalizing the volume. Probably should have…

5 Likes

So Cool!! :+1: I fly offline.So I like to listen to https://www.liveatc.net/ local airports to give me that extra immersion

Awesome!

There’s some, though not a lot, of ATC (from Nellis in fact taken from a similar source) and Red Flag audio in there. I set it to play cockpit audio while in external view (a button in Options somewhere) and tuned in the tower (where the ATC clips are played of course) and the NTTR range freq. Also some comms the engine generates AI-to-AI and AI-to-Player. These sound a bit robotic but is a compromise I feel is necessary and the only practical option right now.

1 Like

bh1icbaqu6u61

1 Like

Gall dang, Malcolm Gladwell and his brother nearly had me in tears on this one about sponsoring refugees. So many refugees then and now …

Funny anecdote, after listening to that podcast I had to pick up a load of lumber from a mill we deal with a lot. The heavy forklift operator there is always barking orders at me as to where to go and what to do. Gruff as heck but I’ve learned to love the guy because he unloads and loads me quick and precise! Today I asked him, “What’s your name anyway?”. He said, “Dan”. I said, “How do you spell that?”. He said, “D A N”. LOL! I said, “Where you from?”. He said, “Vietnam”. I gave him a thumbs up. He told me he’s travelling to Vancouver tomorrow to see his family and gave me a fist bump. I think we have a good working relationship now. :smiley:

1 Like