What we watching? – Mudspike at the movies

I watched All Quiet on the Western Front today. I would recommend watching it.

I would recommend watching it in the native German with subtitles (provided you don’t speak German).

3 Likes

I’d say the same for Barbarians! Wife and I just watched S02E01 of Barbarians and I saw that AQOTWF was out! :+1:

Bit lengthy but very enjoyable.

Who is Steven Wilson?

1 Like

Going in Style

Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Alan Arkin, Christopher Lloyd, & Ann Margret.

I will give it a 7/10 rating. Mainly, because I like the actors so much that I found it more charming to watch them again on the big screen than the fact I felt it was a great movie.

Wheels

2 Likes

Watching SAS Rogue Heroes.

I have read Macintyre’s book and although I’ve only seen the first two epsides, so far the events depicted are close enough to ‘true to life’. Really enjoying it even if they have taken obvious liberties with the dialogue and soundtrack, but the music really fits IMHO (disclaimer: I am a metal fan).

3 Likes

Whoa! @saghen, we just finished season 2. Thanks for the heads up on Barbaren bro! Incredible.

A little backstory I guess …

2 Likes

looks interesting

5 Likes

Planes of Fame’s Corsair is still done up in the movie paint it wore during filming of the movie.

Wheels

5 Likes

The other night I watched this. An absolutely fascinating documentary on the music of the James Bond movies. They go way back to how the theme music was put together, the individual songs for most of the movies and the cultural mirror those songs showcased through 60 years of this iconic franchise. I highly, highly recommend.

4 Likes

The Grand Tour Season 5 Episode #1 on Amazon Prime

Was good seeing them again after several months. Imo, was one of their better efforts in recent years.

Wheels

1 Like

Yeah, the soundtrack is decades off, yet somehow still fitting…

1 Like

Early Christmas present.

Wheels

2 Likes

@wheelsup_cavu

Anything with Elizabeth Montgomery gets my vote. But ‘Endora’ is too much like my RL Mother-in-Law, so…

1 Like

it was almost as good as the stuff they did for the original Top gear

2 Likes

I’ve always enjoyed Rob Riggle’s comedy. Well, today this ran across my feed … I had no idea he was a hardcore Marine! What a great guy …

1 Like

So this one is hitting Dutch cinemas at the end of this week (you may already be able to go and see it in USA)

I think I’ll go and have a watch. Can’t be too bad with aviation scenes like that. Audience score seems very high.

6 Likes

Hey @saghen … I watched AQotWF … pretty good. Now I’m seeing 1917 showing up on Netflix. Which of these WWI movies did you like most? Any other better ones?

They’re both good and worth watching AQotWF is told from the German perspective and in native German. 1917 is told from the English perspective. So both have something to offer

Separately, if you have Prime Video, you might want to check out Generation War.
A German mini-series set in World War 2. Another interesting series from the viewpoint of the German side.

3 Likes

Got Prime. Thank’s bud.