What we watching? – Mudspike at the movies

Sometimes Mudspike is like when you are driving and notice a car-sized patch of melted asphalt and mangled railing. You assume there must have been an accident in the recent past. You might even be morbidly curious as to how bad it really might have been. But really, you know nothing other than to feel slightly uncomfortable and drive on.

So…driving on.

2 Likes

Nothing to see here, don’t worry.

1 Like

Today I heard from a “Fly on the Wall” (podcast with Dana Carvey and David Spade) that “The Beatles: Get Back” documentary on the Disney+ channel was AWESOME! Since I got a free six month subscription to Disney+ with my new ISP I started ‘er up and I ain’t disappointed! Incredible footage. I was never really a Beatles fan but this is probably going to put me over the edge. :slight_smile:

I would be quite surprised if it was one of those at EAA. PoF typically keeps their planes close to home.

Wheels

Had not heard about Devotion, but how long has it been since we had a film about the Korean Air War? Was I even born when the last came out??
I like that actor, he was very good in Lovecraft Country. I won’t be seeing it in the theater (I didn’t even get to see Maverick), but I will watch when I can see it streaming.

As for Get Back, it was very good.

1 Like

The 1950s?

6 Likes

Yeah. Imagine if the last WWII air war movie was in 1946.

2 Likes

If this list is accurate/complete then Red Scarf in 1964 is the last one before Devotion.

Wheels

Beavis and Butthead revival :joy: a breath of fresh air in these sad times on this clown planet. Still crass as ever :grin:

2 Likes

I will just leave this here and let you all talk…

3 Likes

We have… :wink:

2 Likes

Is it all on audiobook? Loving it!

2 Likes

yep the full book is near 20 hours long and damn good

2 Likes

I just added it to my Audible wish list and it’s listed as 36 hours. Not quite a Michener, but beefy for sure.

Lansky with Harvey Keitel as Meyer Lansky.

Still not sure what I think about it. Was it just long and boring or will something click so I get the point of it in the next few days.

Wheels

Longer than I thought … but they say time flies when you are enjoying something :grinning::grinning:

Heheheheh huh huh huh crass. Heh heh

2 Likes

Just seen Thirteen Lives - Ron Howard did an amazing job!