What we watching? – Mudspike at the movies

I think Jordan Peele would take offence to that. He’s an actor, comedian and filmmaker. Carry on …

Just finished The Old Man with Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow. Very good over it’s 7 episodes with hopefully a second season to come.

2 Likes

Still have to start with “The Old Man”. I’m currently progressing with this stupid “The Boys” show LOL! It’s so bad it’s good. :wink:

Just finished two EXCELLENT series on Netflix …

Ozark …

and Queen of the South …

2 Likes

Just started this :+1:

1 Like

Really enjoying The Boys (hmmm that sounded wrong :joy:) so far. Loved Ozark but couldn’t get into Queen of the South.

1 Like

Why would he take offense to an accurate description of his origins? His early years were all comedy writing and performances before he moved on to more serious fare. Hence my “pleasant success stories” comment.
Are you deliberately trying to misread what I typed? Or did you just not bother to actually read past the 3rd word?

No one starts out at the end.

I guess I took offense more than anything. I had just literally listened to a “SmartLess” podcast with guest Jordan Peele and was really impressed! For you to come along and basically call him a clown, ya I took offense. Even more frustrating is you can’t seem to type his name!

You can’t base your opinions on twenty year old history man. You can’t just say, “For a drummer to be such a great song writer and producer is definitely one of the more pleasant success stories to come out of Seattle”. Ya, I’m talking about Dave Grohl who was laying down songs on multitrack way before he joined Nirvana.

Samaritan

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5500218/
https://youtu.be/9FKnTxSC16E

Ok fare if you take it for what it is, a fantasy popcorn movie with no real plot and a lot of explosions to cover up the lack of a decent script. If you expect more than that you will be disappointed. IMDb has it rated at about 5.8/10 which is about right.

The fact that Stallone is still playing the lead in action movies is the real news. The man was 75 or 76 when this movie was filmed and he is still in better shape than most thirty year olds…

Wheels

2 Likes

I love Stallone, love him dearly ever since Copland struck me completely out of the blue on the back of my head. Rambo can actually do acting (and the first rambo movie is actually pretty dang good imo)! So for that alone, I’ll be giving this a viewing.

3 Likes

Two word review " It Sucked".

1 Like

You’ll probably ban me from this thread, but I thought the last Rambo movie was good too! …

1 Like

Um, you’re kidding right? I think I’ve watched RAMBO three times already! :smiley:

*** SPOILER ALERT! ***

2 Likes

Was referring to Rambo - Last Blood.

Oh ya, that was good too! :slight_smile: You could’ve said that in your post. Forgot all about that one. :wink:

Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power. And I wished I hadn’t wasted the time watching that crap, absolutely awful and actually glad it is as they keep trying to mess with massive, established, lore-rich franchises to change for you know what reasons (whisky oscar kilo echo) and it comes back to bite them. Really bad and to make it worse Lenny Henry’s in it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Urgh good god i cannot stand lenny henry

2 Likes

Lord Love a Duck

https://youtu.be/zPdp2MH19dY
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060636/

Watched in my teens over 40 years ago and thought it was hilarious. Lol, It definitely takes an immature mind to find any redeeming qualities in this screwed up movie. Roddy was 37 or 38 when he filmed this movie but it was an early “teens are geniuses and have all the answers while Adults are clueless morons” genre of movies.

Some viewer reviews that closely reflect my viewpoint at the age I am now.

Wheels

1 Like

They got rid of the annoying Camila Vargas and her daughter on QotS for season four. The show got way better after that.

Just finished S01E07 of The Boys … this show is starting to get bingeworthy! :smiley:

1 Like

We’re talking about a fantasy world. How are people getting so upset about literally made up civilizations, societies, and lore?

I watched the first episode - didn’t find it terrible, since it’s just introducing characters and establishing setting.

We’ve both been watching She-Hulk, and thoroughly enjoying it- especially appreciate that the majority of the production staff and crew are women; that’s not common in Hollywood.

2 Likes

An already established lore to which this new show doesn’t follow. They should set up a new franchise if they want to make statements like they have here and don’t mess with what is already loved and enjoyed just for boxes to be ticked yet again.