Where Are You Photos [2022]

13 Likes

nice! just yesterday was thinking ‘hows the regular life in china?’ ( hope the pic is from china :slight_smile: )

ok, its from japan :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Imgur

8 Likes

That looks to be a well seasoned tractor and trailer setup.

Wheels

2 Likes

Yeah the previous owner left all the stuff out in the open for years. It still drives though :smiley:

6 Likes

Ever since I started trucking, I’ve been a diesel engine worshipper. Total workhorses! They can go 1,000,000 miles without breaking a sweat! Thank you Rudolf Diesel! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve driven diesel VW’s for a couple decades now. My first one went 385k miles before I sold it, having only overhauled the injection pump once and changed the oil every 5k. As far as I know it’s still out there somewhere…

1 Like

Unrelenting is the only word that comes to mind. I’ve driven trucks with close to two million kilometers on them that became my favorite trucks! I thought to myself, “This truck seems to be pretty reliable!”. :slight_smile:

My 2005 Navara (D22) has clocked over 450,000km and still going strong. Apart from regular servicing I have only had to replace the turbo and glow plugs.

It will never win any speed or beauty contests, but it pulls like a 13 year old boy.

4 Likes

Yes, the gate to the Senso-ji Temple, Tokyo.

Been here working for a while, and now family has arrived for a few weeks. Next up, any guesses for this one:

13 Likes

Isn’t that the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction at Tokyo Disney?

Wheels

1 Like

This is how I’m envisioning @fearlessfrog’s stay in Japan :smiley: :wink:

2 Likes

Very close. DisneySea theme park, Mediterranean Harbour area. Whole park is awesome with a cool Jules Verne volcano area in the middle.

Lots of old/new contrast in Tokyo

Next week :bullettrain_side: Shinkansen to Kyoto and then on to Osaka.

8 Likes

I’ve made a picture and video dump into an Album on Onedrive. This is all of the stuff with some cleanup of my visit with one of my sons to the Atlanta Airshow 2022!

Some hornets, some corsairs, some helos and rv7s, an osprey, and cobra, and the sweet sounds of an A10 with a p51.

3 Likes

@fearlessfrog Asakusa is a 25-minute walk across the river from my apartment.

Over the weekend I went hiking up Mt. Tsukuba and stupidly chose the longest route. Boulders. Boulders everywhere.

12 Likes

Heh - I’ve been in Taito City drawling the Ginza line each morning :slight_smile:. Off back to Canada now after some tourist stuff with kids, but when back I’ll holla.

1 Like

Lol that is quite the surprise I had no idea I would even be close with that guess. While I knew that Tokyo had a Disney theme park and the scenery did look Disneyesque and somewhat out of place for Japan, the castle and wooden sailing ship, my answer was a straight up attempt at humour. Guess I should have added a smiley. :upside_down_face:

Wheels

1 Like

As a semi-native Californian, been here 73% of my life, I need confirmation if as I suspect these are actually clouds I see in the sky? I vaguely remember seeing something similar decades ago when I lived in the Midwest.

:innocent:

Wheels

8 Likes

Ah, yes… When ED updated the moving clouds in 2.8, they accidentally made them move in over California. The bug has been reported! :wink:

6 Likes

That’s totally weird bro. I was staying in Burbank for prolly like a month total and I was going to say in the other thread that I bought my CH Pro Throttle at the Fry’s Electronics on Burbank Blvd just off the 170 but I’ve never seen weather like that in California! :smiley: :wink:

2 Likes