Night out with the wife. For someone who doesnt drink, I’m slightly tipsy

22 Likes

My reaction seeing @Victork2’s wife …

Shocked Ellen Degeneres GIF

2 Likes

You’re a lesbian too?

3 Likes

I wish!

Went to this special place with my kids today.
They mostly liked it. “Slightly boring” was one comment though. Needs some work.

17 Likes

Whoa. Where is that? Are those real?!

2 Likes

I think that’s the Technik Museum Sinsheim. Always wanted to visit, always just passed by on my way to Switzerland :smiley:

3 Likes

Been there!!!
Don’t they have a slide from the elevated 747?
It was raining (go figure) so we couldn’t do much outside.

2 Likes

Exactly. I think it is the only place where the Concorde and Tu 144 are displayed side by side.

7 Likes

Next euro meet up location acquired

8 Likes

Yes. All of them.

As @Derbysieger mentioned it is the Technik Museum Sinsheim, in southwestern Germany.

And as @apollon01 mentioned it is the only place that has both a Concorde and a Tu-144. You can go inside both of them, and in fact Sinsheim is the only place outside of Russia that has a Tu-144.

I took a lot of (mostly mediocre) pictures inside the museum and I can post a few of them soon.

The museum (and also its sister museum in Speyer but I haven’t been there in 20+ years) is well worth a visit. Sinsheim doesn’t have too many planes, but special ones, and you can go inside a few of them. And if you like cars or tanks as well, then you will find some nice stuff there. Oh, and Speyer even has a Buran if you like that kind of thing.

2 Likes

There are at least two slides from planes (one of them from an IL-18, as seen in the pic below) but not from a 747. I think the 747 is in Speyer but I am not sure.

6 Likes

Just had a pigeon ignore “altitude low” warning

Might have something to do with a red kite circling around the area

13 Likes

Manoeuvre kill

11 Likes

I think I would be permitted to take herself there. An alternative is:

Flugwerft Schleissheim is an aviation museum located in the German town of Oberschleißheim near Munich, it forms part of the Deutsches Museum collection and complements the aviation exhibits on display at the main site.

They hold an annual flight sim weekend around the second week of November. It is about 20km outside Munich so is close to the main Deutsche museum site. This year it is on 11/12/13 nov.

3 Likes

Schleisheim is great as well, I visited it in… wow, 2011.
Man, that’s… longer ago than I thought.

2 Likes

Gotcha about the two museums. Got them confused, but have visited both. Glad you had a good time.

1 Like

Some pics from last week in Honolulu. Finished up work and set out with the camera.

A bunch of mil traffic

And back at home, caught the flyover launch for the UT vs KY game

22 Likes

This is the best I could come up with … I call it, “Livin’ the Dream”. :wink:

Took that this morning. Don’t forget to set your clocks back an hour this Sunday guys!

8 Likes

Bit too late for Europe. We did that last weekend :upside_down_face:

3 Likes