Where Are You Photos [2022]

Pretty close. Maybe 5-6m sitting on the hand of one of the falconers

2 Likes

Still impressive, you can see every single little feather when you zoom in. Or the reflection in the eye.

I love using the tele lens at minimum distance, as a poor man’s macro lens. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is an amazing pic, birds of prey are fascinating. Heck to even meet actual falconers is pretty darn cool

2 Likes

They said that they’re doing this regularly so I’m definitely going to the park more often from now on :smiley:

They are very impressive in action and I want to be able to get some action shots at some point. They are very quick and it’s gonna take some practice to get good shoots of them while they’re diving on their prey.

2 Likes

Do the falconers launch the hawks off a gloved hand? That’d be a cool shot as well

1 Like

Initially yes, but most of the time they’re up in trees while the falconers send their ferret into the burrows

That’s really neat.

The train station I used to commute from brought in a falconer recently to scare off the pigeons because they were getting so out of hand. Would have been cool to see, only thing that I can say I regret about not commuting from there anymore!

4 Likes

Duisburg
Imgur

6 Likes

Headed into town for some lumber and a haircut, the sun hit the fog perfectly.

21 Likes

Wow, that’s a framer! Epic!

That’s like an envisioning of my own future LOL!

Oh, and also a nice looking Rally drive. :wink:

2 Likes

Mystic atmosphere, love it!

Could have used the 100-500mm here! I had to crop in and lost detail but on the other hand it’s hard to beat a f2.8 lens in this light. Not sure which one would have resulted in a cleaner image.
Imgur

15 Likes

What a fantastic picture!
Pure beauty of nature…

1 Like

Great capture… just a stunning picture.

1 Like

That pic immediately reminded me of Led Zeppelin’s label “Swan Song” …

Perfect timing @Derbysieger .

3 Likes

Hey…!
Who deleted my view?!

6 Likes

I think you dialed up the fog setting too far, that looks like a picture from an old video game console (like the N64) when they used fog in games to hide the fact that they could not render more terrain. :smiley:

4 Likes

Was there a world update last night, that messed with the settings…?

3 Likes

Dammit!
Turned the settings the wrong way…
Must restart World application.

6 Likes

Mate, you have turned your Gamma up way too high :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Meh, CAVOK

3 Likes