Where You Are Photos (2019)

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! It’s 1°F out there.

The view from my hotel room:

8 Likes

Anchorage?

Yes indeed. Stunning scenery here, but holy cow it’s cold. :cold_face:

1 Like

I recognized it from my X-Plane flying…haha…

Agreed, Conti GPs are great.

Funny you should say that. I knew exactly where we were at about 30 nm out because of X-Plane.

2 Likes

You goin into space IRL too ? XD

3 Likes

At a gala opening at East Carolina with Dr. Girlfriend.

15 Likes

Stylish hat, man!

1 Like

The dress code is “fabulous,” so…

3 Likes

Mission: accomplished.

1 Like

Snow at my parents house in No. VA…

5 Likes

It looks almost as cold there as up here in Anchorage. I’ll be somewhere warmer in the morning though…

I figured you were going up there for a crew rest / trip pickup / crew swap or something… Lucky dawg wherever you are going. I figure South Pacific-ish…

Theres a lot of snow in the east mid west right now lol we were supposed to get about an inch tonight, seem’s like we have at least 2-3 and its still snowing.

That reminds me, I need to prepare new tires for my motorcycle… Probably going to be Michelin again though, currently rocking a Bridgestone on the back since the shop didn’t have anything else when I ran a flat.

1 Like

Chilliwack Lake (yes @BeachAV8R, that Chilliwack, or rather about an hour out from it :slight_smile:)

We had the place more or less by ourselves as I ruined Sunday morning and we got to the trailhead early. Tired now though, and either I’m getting older or the mountains are just getting bigger.

I like this one because the water just had a kayak go over it, so the mountains in reflection look pixelated.

It looks a nice bright day, but in the shadow side on the right (where we were headed for the hike) was absolutely freezing. Pretty much hiking on snow and ice all the way. Brrrr :snowman_with_snow:

6 Likes

The one would be a “Where Dad Was” photo…just one of the things that I have turned up while gong through my parents stuff.

No idea where this was taken…evidently metadata had not yet been invented. Possibly Louisville airport.

The TWA Constellation appears to be an early model - no tip tanks or belly pod - but I defer to those more knowledgeable.

The aircraft in the foreground…an Convair CV-240?

The other photos in the envelope were from 1944 to 1952. The CV-240 came into operation in 1947 so…it makes sense with the rest of the photos.

P.S. No…this is not DCS Persian Gulf wit dust turned on…although it does look like it.

6 Likes

Caught a VFC-13 F-5N in Meridian, headed home to Fallon.

7 Likes

:grin:

7 Likes