Where You Are Photos

First cold day of the year. -3°C

Got myself some cycling shoes for the winter:

8 Likes

View from 450 meters

9 Likes

Farmable! Location?

3 Likes

The next ~3 months i’ll be commuting in the dark. For the first time since February, the sun had already set when I got on my bike to ride home today.

Thanks to German engineers for a great little headlight:

3 Likes

It rained for 32 days straight here (not kidding). Last night it actually stopped, but now gets dark at ~4pm.

Northern Temperate rainforests man, not even once…

5 Likes

Sounds amazing.

1 Like

Disclaimer: I spent 15 of those 32 rain days away from home, in better weather. I ‘rain goosed’ it right out to somewhere tropical, November is always pretty bad here. (edit: err, actually I was away for much of October, the rain has made me date drunk).

1 Like

I remember a winter in Ohio we went something like mid November until February without seeing the sun. That feels normal to me. I sometimes think that Texas has given me reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder. I see three straight months of cloudless sunshine and it feels horrifically unnatural.

3 Likes

I know exactly what you mean (after spending 10 years in Ohio before moving to Texas)…

1 Like

Can we borrow some rain?

drought1

1 Like

An early snow fall in the SE will probably turn my 20 minute commute into 4 hours.

5 Likes

Yeah. This should be fun this afternoon and evening.

Man, I hope I get to stay home and not go flying tonight. Glad I’m the second crew out.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Mulled wine, a fire in the fireplace, and White Christmas on Netflix.

4 Likes

Retirement party for one of our guys…and watching the Army / Navy game (as an Army brat I was the only one rooting for Army)…

Bunch of A-6, A-4, E-6, P-3, T-6 pilots in attendance. Fun stuff…

6 Likes

But those Blue Angles jerseys…

It’s just been a really, really bad year for the Navy.

Hopefully that performance today caps it off.

And the southeast of England grinds to a halt in 3… 2…

10 Likes

:a6:

2 Likes