Where You Are Photos

6 Likes

That your neighbor’s house Nevo?

3 Likes

I’m no expert, but I think you’re going to need some sort of trebuchet. Plus use local forests for siege towers.

6 Likes

Or a horde!!! Auks could do it or some Gauls if they work out cheaper to hire :laughing:

4 Likes
2 Likes

Should have ugh space for a full 737 sim flight deck somewhere in there.

So I just realized this thread isn’t just for screenshots!

2 Likes

Well, it’s more for where you currently are and want to share what you see, but it meanders around (in a good way) off from that as it’s an old (for here) thread.

This is how it’s done, people…

4 Likes

I was out with my camera yesterday but I didn’t get anything I’m happy with.

Anyway, what I noticed is that my EOS 50D is showing its age when it comes to noise in low light conditions, even at ISO 100. The only shot that turned out okay(ish) was this one although I am still not happy with the colours in this edit. I’ll have to revisit it later.

So now I’m looking for a new body. Canon of course since I have acquired quite the collection of nice lenses over the years. I’m thinking full frame, either a new 6D Mk II or a used 5D Mk II or III If I can get one at a good price. I’m not ready to drop 3k for a new 5D Mk IV.
Thoughts?

3 Likes

I use a 5D mkII and I’m happy with it. The only thing I would like is wireless transfer, which the later Mk’s have, though it’s not a massive issue.

If you can get a decent second hand one at a reputable camera shop which has some form of guarantee, you should be ok.

1 Like

No mountains today, and a bit smokey due to the forest fires.

About a year ago, due to a nosebleed and a sudden vet visit, we learnt the dog had cancer and only had about 6 weeks left. There was various chemo and radiotherapy things to try, but given the position of it in his snout they all just sighed a lot and said ‘make him comfortable’. We played it by ear for a long time, giving him lots of expensive drugs (he had a good time with that, mainly opiates) and he seems to have ignored the cancer. Not sure you can do that, but there you go. It looks to be a pretty passive growth in the end.

Here he is today, 14 months after the initial diagnosis and he swims alongside me as a I kayak up and down in the mornings. He no longer goes for runs with me (he’s 10 now and his ACL’s aren’t great) but swims like a big happy fish.

16 Likes

That’s an awesome outcome!

5 Likes

I’m a Pentax guy, so I can’t really speak on Canon. I’ll say I have yet to find a need for full frame. Particularly with how good everyone is getting with high ISO performance these days, the extra light gathering on the larger sensor to me isn’t nearly as meaningful as it used to be.

Eva’s first flight!

14 Likes

Cute! Have fun!!!

1 Like

They are so interested at that age, she looks lovely and you guys look so relaxed. I bet if you took a picture at disembarking you look a little more frazzled. Just going from past experiences :grin:

2 Likes

Haha yes - it largely went well and was just a short 1-hr hop to Wellington, we gave her liquid baby painkiller and plonked her on the boob for the descent. Worked well.

Now, our upcoming flight from NZ to Finland in October will be quite a different ordeal, that’ll be interesting :laughing:

3 Likes

Oh, there’s all kinds of reasons to go full frame.

I often wish that I could fit more into the frame. The viewfinder is gonna be better and all my lenses are EF mounts, not EF-S, since I replaced my kit lens with a 24-105mm L series lens. Image quality is dramatically improved vs kit but I lost the 24mm equivalent of the EF-S lens. At 24mm it’s equal to ~38mm on a full frame DSLR. That’s enough for me to warrant a switch.

With the rain the green has returned as well

3 Likes

Using the trick of taking a Victor Airway to escape a Philly ground stop…

4 Likes