Where You Are Photos

3 Likes

Not personally by me- but I’m trying to not open a new thread every single time…
These are some truly impressive pictures of abandoned Russian tech and sites.

1 Like

VFR fun on personal dime.

2 Likes

Did you try to land at 130 knots? LOL…when I went back to check out in a 172 after years of flying (relatively) bigger stuff, I thought the plane would never stop flying over the runway.

1 Like

I had to fight my self from pulling power at 150 feet …just keep driving down so that “my ass” touches runway. Training aircraft is so forgivable and easy that it’s silly. I laughed myself silly when doing patterns. Can boil pot of tea while on downwind. Hehe.

2 Likes

Going back to a light piston trainer I found myself waggling the rudders quite a bit since they are so easy to move…LOL…I’m sure I made the CFI that was giving me the checkout wonder about all MY CFI time…

1 Like

Hmm didn’t experience same thing. I only play with rudder during flare…just like in 135. Next time I probably should pay attention to the ball.

1 Like

Whats that… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reminds me of a funny story from the local glider club my brother told me:

Sometimes it happens that a glider pilot finds himself in a weird situation during a landing approach: A perfect approach. Everything is fine, no wind, string is centered, angles are perfect, speed is perfect, sink rate is perfect, everything is just great. No need to do anything at that point except hold all the controls where they are. This is not common of course, glider pilots are used to make corrections all the time.
…and that is when students (and even some veterans) develop an interesting habit: They start kicking the rudders left and right, starting a small PIO, “wagging the glider’s tail”. Just to do something. Most of them don’t even notice, they do it subconsciously.
Of course the instructor in the backseat of the student’s plane will notice that and tell the student.
In this particular story (if I recall it correctly) the student didn’t notice, he was on a good approach it seems, and suddenly the instructor said: “Stop that! This is not a damn paddle boat!”
The student was VERY confused at this point. He was close to his first solo flight and had no idea what the instructor was talking about and what he was doing wrong. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m not sure if it’s an urban myth or not, but I’ve heard a similar phrase for Airbus pilots that move the stick a lot just to be doing something in the last bit of the landing flare referred to as “mixing the pot”. That might be a made up though…

I can imagine such stuff happens.

warning, no offense meant in this post, I like y’all pilots
My boss (only half-jokingly) says: “If you are on a plane and have a shaky landing, I am pretty sure it was the pilot. The computers do it better in most cases.” He worked in that industry some years ago.

1 Like

P3D looking pretty good this afternoon with those new clouds…err…wait…

8 Likes

3 Likes

You need to get @komemiute to pen you a company B200 skin. Or would that be too much like work?

3 Likes

I’m already making him work too much…! His talents are only causing him grief!

2 Likes

Now you are making me nostalgic and homesick for the King Air… :slight_smile:

1 Like

What else to do on a nice windy day?

4 Likes

It’s a toy city…

2 Likes

Great show!.

3 Likes

I always wanted to work for a company that makes them. That’s not work to me, it’s joy.

I only wish I knew of a way to get in contact with such companies.