Windows 11

Roger that schurem. I now think that it’s related to the OpenXR runtime, so sims that use SteamVR should be fine. And enabling Motion reprojection in the OpenXR runtime fixes the stutters in MSFS.

I wonder if stuff like HAGS and the XBox Game Bar etc have magically been switched on now with Win11 - they might be worth checking and turning off if you don’t use them.

There’s also stuff like Memory Integrity, Core Isolation, VBS and HVCI that’s all on by default now. They aren’t a terrible idea so I don’t want to write up how to turn them off for better performance :angel:

2 Likes

Your assumption would be correct. Game Bar is off.

1 Like

The Xbox thing and HAGS stayed turned off for me. Good installer <.pats installers head>

2 Likes

Know it is an old title but if anyone still has IL-2 1946 on their system I would like to know how, or even if, it runs in Win11.

Wheels

Hi

Anyone has a good ole Sidewinder FFB 2 and tried it with Win 11?

1 Like

Oh thanks for the response!
Well my experience was that FFB was gone. So I reverted back to Win10. But that was weeks ago, maybe something changed in 11.
Hmmm

So is it safe to say you guys experience no real issues on Win 11 on your gaming rigs so far?

1 Like

I haven’t.

1 Like

Some issues with Windows Mixed Reality & SteamVR but not sure it isn’t hardware related yet. But other than the usual “why didn’t they leave well enough alone” nothing noticed.

2 Likes

Win11 here as well. Doesn’t seem like any significant difference, performance wise, over Win10. All of my peripherals that worked with Win10 work with Win11.