Winter 2016 Frishmuths...

Just posting some pics of the 2016 Winter activities…keeping friends and family in the loop since I don’t Facebook… Running a bit behind on these pics, but figured I’d share em’ anyway…

Me and Kai went to Myrtle Beach in November…had some great weather…

A standoff between Kai and his cousin ensued over play rights to the John Deere dump truck…neither would budge…

Kai is part dog apparently…

In early January we headed up to a beautiful cabin called The Nuthouse just outside of Mt. Rogers, Virginia. On the day we drove up, the Carolinas got hit with a pretty major snowstorm. It was touch and go on whether we’d actually make it…but the Subaru did great and we arrived safely…

Definitely better than a tent…

Outside was a winter wonderland…

Kai and his cousin Joseph enjoying some spinach quiche on a cold morning…fueling up for sledding!

The property sits on a perfect sledding bowl…the boys wore out that hill going up and down…

Coming in to thaw out…

Taking a hike down the road to the bottom of the property…it was in the teens for much of our stay…

The “Nut House” cabin also sits on a high point of the property…

More sledding the following day…

Later in January we rented a house at Harkers Island…out near Cape Lookout and had my parents come down to join us…

I could retire to a house like this for sure…!

We took our kayaks with us…although the fishing was surprisingly slow…

Lots of duck hunters were out in the North River…

Kai and his Nana…

Fort Macon was fantastic and I could have spent an entire day there reading the history of it…

We also spent some time wandering the deserted beaches on Cedar Island near the ferry terminal…

Stormy conditions just offshore combined with bright sunlight to make for some really interesting contrast…

Kai and Pop-Pop playing checkers - I think Pop-Pop lost so that no tears would be shed…

Back to Myrtle Beach in February to visit Brookgreen Gardens…

Kai (orange) and his cousins…

The sculptures at Brookgreen Gardens are awesome…

There is even a couple bronze Harriet Frishmuth statues on display…

And when the kids get to be too much…you can feed them to the alligators…

Lots of fun over the winter…

8 Likes

Sure, Pop-Pop, sure! Let’s go with that… :wink:

That is a very nice collection of pics mate. I have to take exception to the cruelty you inflict on those poor boys. Spinach quiche WTF. Bacon eggs black pudding and sausages are the required food for snowy escapades :grin:

1 Like

I did stop taking pictures some time ago… but looking at these nice pics… I think I need to de-dust my camera… :slight_smile:

Great shots, Beach!

I can’t believe how big Kai has gotten.