Working Title Citation CJ4 Mod

Another open source free jet upgrade to the MSFS stock aircraft, this time the Citation CJ4.

:new: Key Features

• Custom Flight Plan Manager
  • Vertical Navigation (VNAV)
  • FADEC
  • Custom Lateral Navigation
  • RNAV capability with LPV
  • Improved FMA Display
  • Sound overhaul (WIP)
  • PFD/MFD improvements (a lot)
  • Map improvements
  • Many many moreā€¦

Custom Flight Plan Manager

• Independent from MSFS flightplan
  • Much improved procedure data, even when using the stock NavBlue data
  • Modifiable approaches
  • Appropriate discontinuities
  • Direct-to to any fix on the plan at any time
  • Correct vectors, heading-to-altitude, and intercept legs

Vertical Navigation (VNAV)

• Full support of all CJ4 VNAV modes including VVS, VFLC, and VPATH
  • Continuous vertical path calculation
  • Display of vertical path snowflake
  • Display of required vertical speed donut to meet next restriction
  • Display of TOD on the map
  • Overhauled altitude modes including ALTS and ALTV
  • Ability to add custom altitude restrictions in FMC LEGS page

Lateral Navigation

• New lateral navigation over the top of existing AP
  • Greatly improved bank response and turn performance
  • Supports correct discontinuity behavior
  • Compatibility with the new Flight Plan Manager
  • Much improved ILS APPR capture success rate

RNAV

• Ability to fly RNAV procedures at all times
  • Correct sensitivity scaling for the enroute (2NM), terminal (1NM), and approach phases (.3NM)
  • Correct PFD annunciations for navigational sensitivity
  • Full LPV approach support, including correct increasing angular sensitivity as distance to threshold decreases
  • Full AP support of APPR and GP modes for RNAV approaches

FADEC

• Proper flat rating of engine for consistent performance at varying field elevations and temperatures
  • TO and CLB throttle detents with indication on MFD N1 display
  • FADEC properly targets increasing thrust curve and N1 with altitude in CLB
  • Full CRZ throttle range

FMC

• Reserve fuel can now be changed
  • Revised the format of the FLPN page to better match the real unit, especially for approaches
  • Approach ref temp of zero can now be entered

Engines

• Light now off occurs at 12% N2
  • Performance adjustments to fit climb profile using FADEC

PFD/MFD

• Complete overhaul of the PFD Flight Mode Annunciator to match the correct CJ4 mode symbology
  • IAS hold will now automatically switch to Mach when the values are the same
  • IAS/Mach button switch now captures current mach number
  • Added ability to adjust BARO minimums and added minimums aural callout
  • Added altitude capture aural alert and flashing altitude selection indicator
  • Added FMC waypoint sequence alerting: waypoint ident and distance will flash 5 seconds before sequencing
  • Course needles now smoothly swing to position as per the real display
  • Fixed an issue where the upper panel knob also controlled menus in the MFD
  • Added Radio Altimeter (visible at 2,500ā€™ AGL and less)

PPOS/PLAN map

• Added ā€œNO FLIGHT PLANā€ to ROSE/ARC modes when no flight plan detected
  • Added ā€œDISCONTINUITYā€ to ROSE/ARC modes when discontinuity is reached
  • Icons updated for airports, waypoints, and intersections
  • Added correct label font and sizing for map labels
  • Procedures should now be drawn more accurately to how they appear in the procedure charts
  • Temporary flight plans (modifying a route) now displays as a dashed white line

New Sounds (work in progress)

• Engine exterior and interior run, start, stop
  • Avionics fans
  • Spoiler drag, Gear drag, extend, retract
  • Cockpit wind and rain
  • FMS, AP panel, DCP, CCP, and soft buttons
  • Aurals (Altitude Alert, Minimums, AP disconnect, Caution/Warning, Landing Gear, Pull up, Overspeed, Sink Rate, Donā€™t Sink)
  • Removed TAWS System Test (To be replaced with accurate sound)

Misc

• New camera presets (pax, lavatory etc.)

:information_source: Navigational items not currently implemented but scheduled for future updates

• Holds and procedure turns
  • FMC INTC CRS capability
  • VNAV Vertical Direct-To Fix
  • Manual Point/Bearing or Point/Bearing/Distance fixes
  • Route offsets
  • LNAV/VNAV approaches. Currently all RNAV approaches use LPV in APPR mode due to no minimums type information in the available navdata.
  • Going direct-to on the LEGS page does not give you an EXEC option, it will automatically execute.

:warning: Known Issues

• Sync to the game flightplan (ATC/VFR Map) is very much work in progress and turned off by default. You can enable this feature in MOD SETTINGS on the FMC.
  • Some external applications that use the GPS/Flight plan SimVars may not function correctly or as expected.
  • Loading and saving flights can occasionally have bad results.
  • Custom liveries can render FADEC inoperative if they ship with a panel.cfg. You must uninstall them or remove their panel.cfg from the livery folder. This is a limitation of the Asobo livery system.
  • Autopilot modes cannot be triggered via key bindings or controllers and must currently be triggered in the cockpit with the mouse.
  • Due to sim autopilot bank rate limitations, the aircraft may overshoot on certain RNP approaches with tight turns. If you encounter this, we recommend hand flying the approach with the given lateral and vertical guidance.
  • Sometimes when turning more than 90 degrees onto an approach segment, VNAV might give a NOPATH condition because it sees that you are too high. Engage FLC or VS and descend down and it should recapture the path.
  • Very long legs may display some constant cross track deviation on the map and course needles. The plane will still track properly towards the fix. This will be addressed later in the beta.
  • The FMS may stop sequencing your fixes while in APPR mode on an ILS.
  • The FMS now builds turn anticipation into direct-to course projection. However, you will still encounter some overshoot beyond 90 or so degrees.
  • VOR waypoints on the map will not display an icon unless active (to be fixed).
  • If for whatever reason, you find that VNAV is not behaving as expected, try and turn it off and on again.

:santa: Have fun! :santa:

Iā€™m going to check it out, although Iā€™ve not really spent much time in the stock aircraft to compare.

To install just copy the workingtitle-aircraft-cj4 folder inside the zip file to your MSFS Community folder.

The group also does some really nice G1000 and G3000 avionic package upgrade, with links to those there:

GitHub - Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages: Working Title FS Packages

Rather than me gabble on, hereā€™s a Beta Features Showcase video to see it moving:

8 Likes

I have been using this for the Christmas fly-in and will continue to do so.

Wow, looks like cool things will come in v0.8.0!

2 Likes

Nice! I see that now

Iā€™m behind on my reading here (Iā€™ve got an unread count of 4E4 :wink:) but that Christmas flight looks really great with the C4J.

3 Likes

Had a little mess about with it tonight and itā€™s quite impressive! Except that the MAINT page is INOPā€¦ Literally unplayable :wink:

2 Likes

Maintenance people had some fun at YVR today, bit of a mishap with a quick 787 taxi. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oopsie. Wonder what the deal was there. Sometimes planes get taxied back from maintenanceā€¦and once in awhile the brake CBs or something like that can ruin your dayā€¦ Drug tests for everyone though!

2 Likes

Gonna give this mod a whirl tooā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s a bit paranoid but I tend to just have one aircraft mod at a time, so I cut/paste the A32NX mod out when I paste this one in, and vica versa. The do both override systems in the base sim (only in the path, the sim checks /community first, so no files are ever really overwritten).

1 Like

Maintenance crew + egg nog :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Perhaps, lots of CB are pulled when maintenance is started.

Anyway, that 787 looks good in Air Canada livery!

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the secret to getting the pitot heat to stay on? Both buttons light, but then turn off immediately. Otherwise, she seems to work well. v0.8.3

Never happened to me, but I only switch it on when moving.

Yeah, I tried it before t/o and once underway. All other switches look good. Maybe Iā€™ve got a HOTAS (Honeycomb) switch set to off. I donā€™t see it as a problem in FS2020 forum Working Title thread either. Has to be it.

This is fancy. Integrated Navigraph Charts in the cockpit:

Lots of fixes and features (full VNAV etc), plus Sim Update 3 compatibility. Itā€™s great that Asobo provided the mod makers with an early release of the update, as feels like they are working with them rather than against. Cool.

Download from here:

5 Likes

The Navigraph integration looks cool. I presume you need a subscription with them to be able to take advantage of that feature?

In answer to my own question, yes you do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, paid navigraph. The plan is to also add the free Chartfox charts too, so thatā€™ll be an option.

1 Like