Wrecking Crew Projects

Though I’m sure he will be along to announce it himself (and not to steal any thunder)…but since we here at Mudspike are still a relative backwater (keep paddling Frog & EP…we’ll find civilization eventually!)…I’d like to extend a warm congrats to Wrecking Crew for launching his DCS missions site:

You can read about it more here:

I’ve had the pleasure of working with Crew to make some custom missions for PC Pilot magazine - and he is extremely knowledgeable about the DCS Mission Editor…so I think we’ll see great things from him. I’m sure he is chomping at the bit to see some new terrains too…

Best of luck Crew…

BeachAV8R

4 Likes

Way to go, Wreck!

Looking forward to see what you come up with!

We should do the forum holla thing…

Hey @WreckingCrew how’s it going? :slight_smile:

PS If you want any tech help with pages and whatnot, feel free to give me a shout here, happy to do anything tech-wise to help if you like.

Woot!
Thanks, guys! I decided that Hollo Pointe couldn’t do justice to all the great DCS World missions in the library. There’s a lot of development activity on there from time to time, and some missions that we play more often, so it was time to let the community have access to all of them. I sincerely hope that folks get a lot of enjoyment from them.

Beach, thank you for permission to add ‘GRAD EX’ to the mission links – I will put that up today.

WC

2 Likes

Thanks, fearless! I used Google Sites at work and have loads of content there on-line, so it was pretty easy for me to create the new WC Projects site. Everything went together easily, and it is a nice simple place to go for the mission links.

WC

2 Likes

I’ve been messing around with the new Hawk aircraft in mission development – it looks like a fun little plane to fly. It’s a two-seater and can carry a gun pod, Sidewinders and bombs and rockets.

The mission page on Wrecking Crew Projects has a new version of The Highway with Client slots for the Hawk and the Mi-8MTV2 helicopter. I’m looking forward to seeing someone fly the Hawk; I’m thinking about getting this one. The rotor-heads have been tearing up the northern end of The Highway in Hueys and one of the guys suggested adding that flying tank, the Mi-8.

Also added to the DCS mission page on my Projects site is an F-15C mission called Kill Bombers. Some weeks back I realized that Clients can have wingmen, so many of the fast mover Clients in the missions now have a wingman or three to direct. Wow, does this ever add to survivor-ability! This is a Blue COOP mission.

Over on the Hollo Pointe server a new Beta mission is running called Pointe & Shoot. Hawks, A-10Cs, Sharks and Hips are in a Blue COOP to stop Red armor from invading Min-Vody Airbase. Many Blue Combined Arms JTAC slots are available to take control of Strykers around Min-Vody, in order to spot Red columns for the Blue aircraft.

Enjoy!
WC

1 Like

The new Pointe & Shoot mission is posted to my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Pointe & Shoot
Blue Air COOP: A-10C, Hawk, C-101EB, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H; Combined Arms
F10 All, Start 2000 04 AUG

Summary
Blue JTACs must spot Red convoys attacking Min-Vody Airbase. Min-Vody has little Blue defense so if Red can penetrate the perimeter they will capture the airbase.
Blue intelligence agents will notify our forces when Red vehicles cross highway checkpoints.
Sunset at 20:14

I’ve had positive feedback on the Combined Arms battle that goes on between Red and Blue. Both sides look to have a good balance so that a good effort on either coalition can decide the outcome, and when each side is controlled by Clients then things get pretty fun.

Blue has aircraft while Red has some air defense. Enjoy!

WC

1 Like

Lots of work going on behind the scenes on the Wrecking Crew Projects site, some new missions and getting Hollo Pointe ready to host a v1.2 server for the Mudspike Fly-In this weekend.

There is a new Blue COOP mission for the F-15C called “F-15C Kill Fighters”. It includes A-10Cs and Combined Arms. Each aircraft has slots for Cold, Warm and Air Start flights. F-15Cs have AI wingmen.

Another recent mission is “Herky Evac” that is based on some of Richard Herman’s early novels featuring C-130s – The Trash Haulers and Force Of Eagles. I love those Herky Birds and would jump at flying an AC-130 around in DCS World!

WC

3 Likes

hya wreck i just loaded 1.5,been longtime sin flying.tempus sent me site for 1.5,loaded all.but no planes got p51 BS2 A10C huey how do i load then on 1.5,

1 Like

Hey @petethehatch,
We are still running the released v1.2 on Hollo Pointe. I haven’t downloaded either v1.5 or v2 – waiting for those to get past their Beta stages. They do look nice in the screenshots I’ve seen, though. I have many missions to bring forth to the new release and want to wait until the issues have been worked out.

Looking forward to the new maps. New mission ideas are already forming in my head…

WC

1 Like

@Wrecking Crew yep see ya server other day,hope to see ya soon,and notice ping good too
Pete

1 Like

With the release of DCS World v1.5, all of the Wrecking Crew Project missions are updated and Hollo Pointe is running the latest version. Say goodbye to 2015 and v1.2! There is a new page for the v1.5 missions. The missions had a fine going over in the Mission Editor – most missions got aircraft additions to bring in especially Su-25A & T models, both the A-10A & C, and added Ka-50s for more helicopter options. The missions with the fast jets have more variety. The latest mission file names include ‘15Cau’ to indicate the version and map they are on, Caucasus, for now – looking forward to some new scenery.

WC

3 Likes

Hey Crew,

I am very excited for this and I am looking forward to getting back on Hollo Pointe. That feels like a crazy sentence to type considering HP has been running the whole time. It’s certainly been a far longer constant then my own DCS career! But of course when they release a shiny new version it is hard not to adopt it as new version, regardless of how big they write the words BETA. As a player, time is the big constraint and you have to pick a release to fly and go with that. On the other hand I totally get your decision to not run the beta as server. Mission design and upkeep is so hard with the updates to stable branch alone without jumping to Beta every time it teases new content. This is my long winded way of saying that I am sorry for not being on the last few months and am glad that 1.5 is unified now. Many of my favorite DCS moments were on HP and I am excited to get back to it in 2016!

Too long, did not read Tanker! Versioning splits the community! 2.0 for all!

1 Like

Yes, it will be a good day when DCS gets back to one code version. It’s been a long time coming. I wish I was home to fly but am away in Austin for the week on family matters. Thanks for the nice comments Tankerwade. It looks like all the missions have updated without issues.

1 Like

I agree - I always remind myself that the growing pains are to get to a new “base” version that should last a long time and allow for the focus to shift to modules, AI, terrains, and utilities. That is my hope anyway…

BeachAV8R

2 Likes

Running into some issues with settings in v1.5. The new ‘Model Enlargement’ must be set to Large on the mission development computer and saved with the mission to allow multiplayer Clients to use it. DCS World Option settings get applied to a mission when the mission is saved on a particular computer. A mission developed on a machine and later saved on another can change some mission attributes – Civ Traffic, F5 View. All mission option settings should be available and controlled in the Mission Editor.

Another issue is that AIM-120Cs do not appear on the F-15Cs. Each flight has to be edited to add a new loadout.

WC

1 Like

Got to fly my Hog in the dark last night. I saved the ‘Simply War’ mission with the Model Enlargement set to Large. Labels are optional in the mission. There is a lot of ground fighting in this one (especially with Combined Arms) so plenty of tracer rounds to show where the activity is. With this Enlargement setting I am able to see ground units at about 10-12 miles away, pretty easy to spot when you know where to look. Here is a comparison of Labels On and Off –

In this shot, Blue has three armor groups in V formation in the circle and Red is just coming into view. Blue was ~8 miles out…

WC

1 Like

Just saw this.
RIP Jim “BLOOZE” Mudgett

I’ve known Blooze for a few years through DCS. Rest in peace! He was a promoter and organizer of multiplayer.

4 Likes

No way. :frowning:

He was integral to getting Baltic Dragon up and running with his Enemy Within campaign…what a loss to the community…

1 Like