Sandbox Afternoon.miz (239.8 KB)
This is for low-intensity PvE practice or fun-flying, maybe even some light PvP. AI have been nerfed so they won’t beat the snot out of you unless you let them: only one ship out of each group will open fire, flak will not engage below 5,000ft AGL and AAA will not engage below 200ft AGL.
I completely re-tuned my old Channel Sandbox mission that I posted back in 2021, eliminating timed triggers in favor of on-demand tasking via F10 menu options, and adding a bunch more stuff.
- Client slots for Mosquitos, Spitfires, P-51D-25, P-47 (all variants), Fw190 A-8, D-9, Bf109 K-4
- Allied and Axis flak batteries and AAA emplacements
- Points of interest for ground attack: rail yards, V-1 sites, Chain Home sites, Wurzburg sites, ships, trains, vehicles, parked aircraft
- On-demand tasking with AI assets for Allied and Axis factions via F10 menu
- Solo tasking not listed in the F10 menu
When a task is started via the F10 menu, a message will appear with some more details, i.e. “Follow FF-Y” or “OCA St. Omer, Mossies from Manston and Jugs from High Halden.” From there follow the AI, which will have a short holding pattern somewhere near their home base for you to catch up. Their engines warm up instantly, so I recommend being warmed and ready–or even airborne above the field–when you trigger the task. Some tasks have air-spawn AI, in which case the message will tell you to fly to an RV point (also marked on the map) where the AI assets will then spawn. The tasks are tailored to specific modules, but most are possible in any module. Tasking availability is in the briefing page.
Allied tasking (left) and Axis tasking (right).
- I haven’t fully play-tested it, particularly the Axis side, so let me know if something’s whack.
- AI is generally good at A2G but sometimes weird with A2A.
- Trains have visual issues in MT online (no steam, stop-motion movement, no fire/smoke when hit).
- Civilian traffic may interfere with trains, so I recommend turning that off.
- Messages after a task is triggered might be too vague. Let me know if they need to be more detailed.