WW2 Flight Sims and the PTO

I have a @Bogusheadbox f111 like affection for the Dauntless. Rolling over and trying to drop one in the pickle barrel in DCS or IL2 would be pretty awesome.

Hopefully someone can figure out the licensing and or financial issues to make this happen.

2 Likes

Oh man, I used to love that in IL2 46. Especially if there was some broken clouds, putting the boards out, and rolling over, diving through the clouds, dodging flak, and then putting an egg right in the middle of those wooden flight decks. Fantastic. The long ride home sucked though, that is if you didnā€™t get intercepted by a nip CAP.

3 Likes

this thread is making me sad all over again

2 Likes

3 Likes

The battle of Malta was an excellent addition the modelling of the island was great for a modding team and it was a very important phase of the war. Did I ever mention the dynamic online campaign my old mate killswitch made. We played it cooperatively with TB3 bombers loaded with underwing I16s imagine that in vr with all crew slots filled, Iirc they had 7 slots :grin:

3 Likes

frankly iā€™m shocked there hasnā€™t been a ā€œbomber crewā€ VR game, certainly got a few sub games where you man all the stations

1 Like

I am not at all shocked because there wouldnā€™t be much of a game. Iron Wolf works because there is a very strong game element to submarine warfare. ā€œDo I submerge?ā€, ā€œShould I stay on batteries?ā€, ā€œWhich leak do we handle first?ā€ There is less interesting decision-making in a bomber. Much less if the bomber is part of a formation. The set of individuals willing to pay for such an experience, of which I include myself, is tiny.

1 Like

true, plus i guess we could just all strap on our VR headsets and load up in one bomber in IL-2 Great Battles. But was more thinking, on rails, famous raids, man the turrets, bomb aimer maybe, maybe just the turrets etc, arcadey sure, but probably would be fun in VR.

Il2 Monday Night Raw is regular occurance here. @Tankerwade

1 Like

if itā€™s better than actual Monday Night Raw has been then sign me up

1 Like

I havenā€™t been playing the last few weeks because of work, but there is usually a decent crowd. Fun missions.

2 Likes

Anyone have experience with this module?

Lets call @Chuck_Owl. He has some experience with planes from Aeroplane Heaven

Might not be accurate enough in terms of modeling for combat sim duty, especially engine management and performance.

Build Guadalcanal please!

2 Likes

The Aeroplane Heaven add-ons Iā€™ve flown all have that one thing in common: great visuals, but below average systems. Engine starts in the Lanc would routinely cause massive RPM overspeeds for some reasonā€¦ so I guess their engine model is more or less a generic one.

2 Likes

request for more likes airplanes for this

1 Like