X-Plane 11.30 Beta...

I still have no idea how to get this to work. When I use the VR controller to select ATC I see a grey dialog rectangle with a flashing cursor on the 2D screen but noting else. The only “ATC” functionality I’ve been able to manage is the ATIS.

That’s odd. I see one of these in VR:

I often have to grab it by the top bar and drag it back a bit, it starts a bit close. I wonder if your dialog is behind your or bust or something?

They overview the new ATC stuff here, and the dialogs now all work in VR on latest 11.30b3

1 Like

Ah, you might have Multiplayer enabled. It could be the ‘chat’ window in 2D overriding the ATC coming up. Can you turn off MP and see if that works?

2 Likes

That was it. I had multiplayer enabled. Thanks!

2 Likes

Anyone else lose sounds in some of their airplanes with the latest update? For some reason, some of my planes have no sound.

As usual, deleting the preferences folder and just starting with new graphics options solved the problem…whatever it was… I will say that for X-Plane, fixing problems is a LOT easier than fixing problems with P3D.

So far no issues for me in that department. But I have been experiencing the issue below (also posted elsewhere…sorry).

Is anyone suffering from flickering when looking at the sun when it is within a couple of hours of the horizon (in VR)? For me, it is a strobe effect and might be due to some small overclocking of my GPU. The issue also happens to a lesser extent when looking at the purplish hue on the horizon when the sun is below it but only when my eyepoint is in a rough vertical line with the sun.

Beta 4 is out, although just some small tweaks.

Beta 5! They’ve got a good rhythm going. Some good fixes in this one:

Yeah…they do have a quick update cycle. Great to see from a developer.

it takes too long, so I updated to beta… I am experiencing decrease of fps ( no VR ) :thinking:

Are you maybe running an older nVidia GPU that is not optimized for asynchronous rendering?

I think nVidia starting from GTX10xx and AMD starting from R9 280/290 are built to best take advantage of the kind of things that a new renderer like Vulcan does.

While GTX 7xx and maybe also 9xx series were very good at the DX11 rendering (DCS 1.5/2.x), I think they are not good at asynchronous rendering

I have 1060 so I gues I am just the other unlucky group, mentioned by @smokinhole above, who are experiencing performance hit. Hopefuly LR will sort it out soon.

What I like in beta are the joystick curves. Now helo flying is much more comfortable as I can increase joystick sensitivity around the midle and limit the deflection required.

EDIT: something something

1 Like

I haven’t had any performance issues in quite a long time; maybe 11.15VR(?). Although I did hit a memory bottleneck which I sorted with 32gigs. For me the issue was flicker when looking laterally at where the sun should be (even if blocked by cloud or the Earth). I have only played XP once since the latest beta and could not duplicate the flicker so it might be fixed.

I run mostly high settings and the only time I ever see a performance hit, and it is slight, is around Vegas with visibility at 30 miles or greater. Which brings up another point. Outside the desert or middle of an ocean, visibility is often restricted to 15 miles or less. You might be able to get the performance you want with the visual settings that look great just by taking a hit with a bit of realistic haze.

2 Likes

Actualy I meant this

Oh yeah. That was a funny forum fight over at x-plane.org.

another 10fps drop with b7 for me :thinking:

edit: I knew I should instal Beta into separate folder. So I did it now and instaled 11.26 as a separate instal and I am back at 60fps with the release version…