X-Plane 11.40 Compatible Mods

Hey everyone,

With the upcoming flight model changes in X-Plane 11.40 does anyone have any information about what 3rd Party aircraft are compatible? I don’t have my ear to the ground in that area and could use some help. I am considering adding a new ‘complex’ pair of shoes 3rd party aircraft but I don’t want to buy one that won;t be updated.

2 Likes

I’ll be curious about this too. It’s a pretty big PITA to go through all the forums at the ORG and try to determine compatibility…but I’ll bet that is what I end up doing.

1 Like

I did notice that the VSKYLABS Tecnam P2006T that I have from 2018 can, as part of the Version 6 update, handle it.

Designed to be flown using X-Plane 11.30+ experimental flight model

So maybe I can start there :slight_smile:

1 Like

VSkyLabs does a great job keeping their planes up to date…they were very quick to make their planes VR compatible too…

I’m just no going to upgrade XP until they add something significant. The few flight model stuff that they listed in the video, while mildly interesting, don’t meet that bar for me. Now if they were to add some usable ATC, then I might take the chance. Failing that I’m good with .33 or whatever it is now.

1 Like

Could this be why my Carenado AC500S isn’t showing up?

I did quite a bit of flying in XP11 - well, when we were checking it out here, in EA or beta or whatever it was, but didn’t fly it again until today - and neither my single payware plane was showing, nor my OrbX UK scenery. They are the only only add-ons I have purchased for XP11 and I’ll be very disappointed if they won’t work. I’m already not impressed with what we get for our money compared to other products (very poor default scenery, laughable ATC and afaia no traffic).

Hey Brix that sounds more like an install problem since the folder structure hasn’t changed in quite a few versions.

2 Likes

I was looking at the Reality Expansion Pack, with regards to the 11.40 ‘experimental flight model’, and noticed that since the v4.3.0 beta, they are trying out working with this new flight model with the PA-18 Super Cub. Let’s hope they will do so for more planes in the future.
This is the page you gotta watch for updates.

1 Like

Thanks, I was really concerned I may have wasted my money with those. I’ll have another look.
Decided not to buy anything more for XP11, FSX or P3D until the new MSFS is released next year - I may end up dropping them all, despite the large amount I’ve spent on them, collectively, over the years.

I think it would actually be a relief if it turns out how we hope it will!

1 Like