X-Plane 11 is coming in November..!

Huh, that was quick! :relaxed:

Waaiiiit, correct me If I am wrong: If I buy that XP-10 on Steam now for 25 bucks I will NOT get XP-11 as well, right?

EDIT: And just to make sure we are one the same page here: In those videos @BeachAV8R is posting all the time: Are those stock assets? Planes, scenery and so on?

I don’t think that the Steam sale counts toward the key for XP11, but don’t quote me on that.

No - most of my X-Plane videos contain either free or payware add-ons and scenery. Almost all of my terrain mesh is freeware (or dontationware as it were) from AlpilotX: HERE

There are literally hundreds of free aircraft you can also use from the X-Plane.org - some are really good, some are OK, and many are horrible. Some are payware quality that were released as freeware. And the stock aircraft are actually not too bad - I like the Stinson, the Columbia 400, and the P180 Avanti the best probably. According to what I’ve seen and heard, X-Plane 11 (to be released any day) will have significantly better aircraft. Not sure about the scenery for XP11…but I also read that the AlpilotX mesh should work fine with XP11 too.

2 Likes

Quoted. :slight_smile: It doesn’t. If you want XP11 you can buy XP10 at the official X-Plane site now and you get a free upgrade when XP11 comes out, but the Steam edition doesn’t have that deal.

That 737 video was all stock apparently. Here’s the stock stuff included with XP11:

Found some good screenshots illustrating with orth4xp can do:

http://imgur.com/a/JPxfE

1 Like

Wow, that certainly looks good enough for a Christmas flight! If there is a default aircraft that appeals to me, I just might pick up XP10 in a sale.
Looking for a systems-wise simple aircraft with high fidelity systems, clickable pit. Preferably some range (twin-turboprop?) but maybe the default Cessna 172 is good enough to have some fun with stormy snowy landings.

3 Likes

Ha…got to the Enter Product Key and went ahead and bought it. I mean…of course I’m gonna get it…

1 Like

OK…maybe I’ll just install the North, Central, and South America for now. I’m wondering if I’m not gonna immediately overwrite all that anyway with the AlpilotX HD mesh anyway. For now…I think I’ll go with unmodded, and then see how they compare…

I went ahead and bought it as well. Looking forward to flying it for the Inaugural Mudspike Christmas Flight

Yeah…that’s kind of what I’m hoping to do. If I can migrate my XP10 install to XP11 (and it’s stable enough), I’ll probably run the Christmas flight in XP11…

Flew the new 737 out of KSEA for 15 minutes. A nice smooth experience out of the box. Setting up controllers was fine, although it is obviously a mainly menu front-end rework release. The ground traffic at the jetway were nice, the textures not super 4k or anything but decent enough in the (free) pit. The included FMS with Navdata was great. The setting up the flight was really nice, with the new easy settings. The haze and effects seem fairly aggressive but it all looks very good so far. Framerate on the ground was pretty similar to last version, so my initial impressions is that this is a really nice polish release (menus etc) but not radically different from XP10. Loved the undockable map etc. I’ll try the UHD textures and something like the FF757 later, so see if that works (being this is a beta, under progress etc etc).

My biggest ‘ask’ for future XP11 releases would be enough FPS for VR, as I’m sort of borderline in FlyInsideXP at the moment, and it keeps me going back to FSX and the Aerosoft A319 etc. I hover at that ‘20 fps’ mark, even though the experience itself seems fine in 2D.

4 Likes

Great initial thoughts. I’m excited to check out that undockable map - and I think I saw some preview videos that showed some plug-in menus or something that are supposed to help with managing stuff like that.

A FlyInsideXP update coming later for XP11, which looks good:

http://forum.flyinside-fsx.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3663

General performance does seem a bit down compared to XP10, but it is just a beta release afterall. Optimization will come I’d guess. I think the ‘hostility’ of the old tricky XP menus did put a lot of people off, so this update will really help first impressions.

1 Like

1 Like

Waiting for disks before I even think of purchasing. That and like 2k spare cash to make my computer capable of using it at more than low settings.

Installing NA and Europe.

LOL, I’m getting about 400k per second… 5 hours to go here. I did add the South Pacific along with the region with Australia and New Zealand. I might stage to Antarctica from Christchurch on the Christmas run.

Looking great, the main thing I’m waiting for is Skymaxx Pro compatibility, those same default burnt cotton candy clouds are such an immersion killer, I’ll be flying clear weather until then…

1 Like

They finally worked on the UI.

How are the stock planes? Have they cought up in modelling depth and FM?