X-Plane Releases Thread (2019)

VSkyLabs Mini-500 released!

This project is part of the VSKYLABS ‘Test-Pilot’ series, designed specifically for use with X-Plane 11.30+ cutting edge Experimental Flight Model (should be enabled in X-Plane’s General Setting menu)

The Revolution Mini-500 is an American single seat light helicopter, designed and built in the 90’s by Dennis Fetters, as a home-built kit. It is a natural VSKYLABS project selection!

VSKYLABS development approach for this project for X-Plane 11 was as if it was a real home-built effort, similar to the process done with the VSKYLABS Rutan LongEZ Project, meaning that it is being designed and developed with a practical engineering/experimental approach along with the use of real reference materials and with extensive research behind it.

The project is setting up a highly detailed and highly accurate Mini-500 simulation along with full VR compatibility.

4 Likes

Interesting aircraft - Spectr-Aero SP-30. Some fun and quirky features it looks like, but I don’t know that it is a $44.99 module…

1 Like

So this is sort of big news. Air Hauler 2 recently left beta status (after years) for P3D. Well, the developer posted this message on the beta forums regarding a possible X-Plane version!

As you’re aware, AH2 is available for FSX/FSX:SE/P3D at the moment. I’m aware there are quite a few people who would be interested in an AH2 for XP release, and it is something that I’ll be looking into during the course of 2019.

There are no definates yet on if it’ll actually happen or not, but it is under consideration. I have no further information to share on it at this time however. As soon as I do, I’ll share it here on the forums, or via Facebook.

Many thanks,

Duncan “Slopey” Murray
AirHauler Developer

5 Likes

Oh snap

1 Like

I would definitely buy AH2 for X-Plane. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Other than using it for planning training flights and things of that nature I really struggle to use x-plane for fun at the moment. I miss the days of just cruising around. This would be PERFECT for giving me an objective.
it’s nice using it with skydemon but sometimes I really need an objective or I think I’m just wasting time lol

1 Like

No doubt people are sick of me pushing this but do try using the VR controls, VTOLVR-style. Flying away from the desk is really the only accurate way that I know of to fly helicopters in XP. Your hand moving freely in space with no centerspring feels more natural and not at all spritely of fidgety. It takes about an hour to train your head to fly when your hands feel no resistance. But after some practice, the precision and smoothness achievable when flying this way exceeds what (I at least) can manage with a stick. I put the DCS Huey and Mi8 on par with X-Plane’s Bell 407. Everything else, in either sim, is, to one extent or another, inferior. (I am the “comma-king”!)

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I am still stuck in 2006 for a few more months before I ca upgrade to XP, so …a real pilot’s opinion of the Dodo Bell 206? :grin:

Nice little freeware in Colorado by VogonZarniwoop - North Fork Valley (7V2). Looks like my kind of field…

5 Likes

The FlyingIron Spitfire Mk9. Looks great. I have the DCS Spitfire 9, so I will have to think about this one before pulling the trigger. Flying a Spitfire out of Duxford or RAF Conningsby certainly appeals though.

This image pretty much has me sold…

5 Likes

Another VogonZarniwoop scenery (I like his stuff) (freeware) for Stevens Field, Pagosa Springs, Colorado (KPSO). Nice airport that sits up against the south end of the Rockies between Denver and Albuquerque…

3 Likes

When I first looked at these screen shots I thought I one was a real photo you had taken at the airfield…graphics are great.

BTW, if you ever get a chance to take a snap or two at an airfield during work travel and then do a real vs X-Plane scenery, it would be pretty cool to see…make a new thread for you and the other RW pilots so us ground pounders can live vicariously. (no pressure) :sunglasses:

1 Like

Jackson Hole, Wyoming by Odog looks pretty good…another airport with some nice terrain around. You’ll find non-ortho version, and ortho for summer and winter versions:

6 Likes

Ortho? Probably not “orthopedic”… the season textures?

Wondering if sales were slow. It seems like the community is continuing to slowly pivot towards X-plane.

That said, I’d give XPX another shot if AH2 was an option.

1 Like

I’m thinking that was the problem. But I think XP11 has reached a critical mass with the sim player base. You can see that the 3rd party devs have definitely noticed and there is a steady deluge of payware scenery, aircraft and plugins being released at a rapid pace. Great for the sim… not so much for my wallet though! :wink:

2 Likes

I agree. I enjoy P3D, but I play it probably only 10% of the time now and X-Plane for the remainder. Aerofly 2 is starting to creep in there too though…it will never be as complex as X-Plane, but for VR it is exceptional.

1 Like

I think the non-ortho version is designed to blend more seamlessly into the stock X-Plane scenery. The ortho verions would more correctly blend in to those who have installed the satellite imagery overlays for both the summer and winter…

2 Likes

If you look at the Navigraph survey results, the pivot toward X-Plane over the last year was pretty big.
In case you haven’t see it, you can read the results here: Sim Survey

I still have P3D installed, but it’s getting very rare usage at this point.

1 Like

OrbX continue to release a steady stream of X-Plane scenery that compliments their True Earth GB series.

Recently released, we have:
Elstree Aerodrome (EGTR)
Fairoaks Airport (EGTF)
Stapleford Airfield (EGSG)

And ‘coming soon’:
Old Warden (EGTH) - Home of the Old Flying Machine Company
Sumburgh Airport (EGPB) - in the Shetland Islands way up North.
Damyns Hall Aerodrome (EGML)
Popham Airfield (EGHP)

I want them all, but it seems OrbX are releasing quality airports for X-Plane so quickly that my wallet can’t keep up! I will definitely get Sumburgh, Popham and Elstree.