X-Plane Releases Thread (2019)

I got the FSX version but have never flown it. I sort of forgot that FSX only goes up to 4 engine axis.

Does X-Plane allow for all six engines on separate throttle levers?

I think it allows for eight? Not sure if those are axis or just commands though…

I’m not sure 8 is really enough ;).

1 Like

B36! Six turnin! Four burnin!

2 Likes

Wow…a fairly obscure reference to the late 1970’s early 1980’s sitcom staring Dick Van Patten! :roll_eyes:

Lol. I had to Google “ Dick Ven Patten to find out what you were referring to. Being born and raised in the UK, we didn’t get a lot of the US tv shows back then.

1 Like

THIS is interesting… Austin Meyers, Creator of “X-Plane”, is a part of this team!

Well, Austin is rich enough to experience the aviation motto:

“Know how to make a million dollars in aviation? Start with two million.”

4 Likes

That saying it WIDELY used in the world of lorries as well Chris :joy::+1:

1 Like

That bamboo pole mounted nosewheel looks…umm…interesting…

And the part when they are pushing that plane into the hangar. Seeing so many people in prop arcs just offends my sensibilities. Electric motors too. Ugh. Just bad, bad visions of bad things. I don’t even like to get within a foot of a garbage disposal. Get a tow bar and a tractor guys!

3 Likes

Agreed. Every prop is live. Even when there are 8 to dodge…

They are going to have to hire Catherine Zeta Jones to plug it in…

1 Like

There is a much better shot of her in those lazers…you know the one I speak of!
But it’s a family site…
But you know the one :ok_hand:

1 Like

Yes, that was the one I thought of too…and decided to abide by my own terms of service…haha…

1 Like

Yeah, even in the world of RC, people don’t realize electric props can actually do more harm than gas/nitro. A gas engine that size just putters out if it hits something, but an electric motor still will be trying it’s best to turn… combine that with an armed electric motor being silent, and well…

That said, many rc planes have electronic speed controls (the amp that translates battery power to motor, essentially the ‘throttle” of the plane) that will beep/flash when live and at zero throttle to alert users that it’s live. It’ll be interesting to see if this trend is applied to full scale electric planes as they become more common.

You guys probably know this already, but 11.30 has been released.

3 Likes

what ? when ? and most importantly WHY !? :smile: :wink:

( btw thx for headsup )

That’s actually pretty nice. Not going to be going anywhere fast, but it would be interesting to try.

4 Likes

Nice freeware release - LFOB Beauvais-Tillé ( Beware, this scenery requires X-Plane 11.30r3 or later!)

5 Likes