X-Plane Releases Thread (2020)

I have a feeling that 2020 is going to be a pivotal year for X-Plane. They know how the competition is shaping up and this is their year to respond. Looking forward to both sims, honestly. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Marchetti S-211

@PaulRix, the decision has already been made to get both. Isn’t that right? :wink:
I’m hoping XP 11.50 with Vulkan, will help me run XP, in VR, on my PC.

2 Likes

You know me too well it seems :laughing:.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: De Havilland DH82A Tiger Moth II

3 posts were split to a new topic: Robin DR400/401

2 posts were split to a new topic: King Air C90B

4 posts were split to a new topic: Traffic Global

So this is pretty cool. JustFlight/Thranda is offering a demo of some of their airplanes. This is perfect for me because I’ve been on the fence about the TB-10 / TB-20 package, so I’m going to give it a shot. Restrictions are:

• Five minutes of flying time
  • Twenty miles of flight
  • 1,200 AGL limit.

Basically this should allow you to do a pattern or so.

6 Likes

I hope that at the time / distance / altitude mark the aircraft turns into a cow or something and falls to the ground spectacularly :grin:

This actually worked out great for me. Demoed the TB10 and, as I suspected, the instrumentation geometry is a bit flat and the texturing is a bit bland, so it definitely saved me $30. That is an older model that was updated to XP11…

4 Likes

I think this is very welcomed activity from Thranda and JF. The Demos were great for JF’s FSX stuff also ( its paradox that XP has a demo but no 3rd party module had demo until now ).

Btw here you can find the full list of JF’s XP demos :

1 Like

Great find…! That’s definitely a more exhaustive list… :+1:

A collaborative effort between Aviotek Simulation Software, JustAsia and X-Aviation - they have released Verona, Italy (LIPX)…

http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/product_info.php/lipx-verona-villafranca-airport-p-173

1 Like

I’m kind of tempted to pick up a couple of the Just Flight offerings this week while they are on sale. Specifically the C152 and Arrow III just because they were a part of my past. I learned to fly in a C150, and flew a 152 for awhile in the UK, while the Arrow is the aircraft I used to get my commercial ticket back in 2004. It was my first ‘complex’ aircraft with retractable gear and a constant speed prop. The only thing holding me back is that I am not sure how much I would fly them… I guess that never stopped me before though :wink: .

I have been having a LOT of fun flying the new Aeroworx Tiger Moth in VR. An evening flight over the British countryside in VR is just soooo relaxing. They have already pushed out an update to it, which includes leading edge slats on the top wing. It has even had me thinking crazy thoughts about trying to get into a real one somehow. I would need to get a tail wheel endorsement first though.

2 Likes

A well made 152 would also be very interesting for me.

My brother has flown one in real life and knows it reasonably well so it is very useful as a means of determining realism in a sim. I let him hop in and do his thing, and he tells me “yep, feels OK” or something along those lines.

Yeah…the Cessna 152 was my starter aircraft and the aircraft I soloed in. At some point, I might buy one to teach my son to fly in. Although I’m probably leaning toward a Piper Warrior or something similar. I do prefer low wings after my time as an instructor. I felt less like a mushroom in the brighter cockpit of the low wing aircraft… :rofl: :mushroom:

1 Like

“In fair Verona, where we lay our scene,
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,
Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.”

1 Like

The weathering on those 152 skins looks awesome. The ones I flew were pretty beat up…LOL…so it feels authentic to me…

2 Likes

Any cockpit pics?