X-Plane Releases Thread (2020)

Well, the nice thing about the FlyJSim 727 and 737 is that they are very much raw data airplanes…which can be quite refreshing. Once they are started up and flying, shooting approaches with them is very much old school with the same six-pack you’d find in a 172 trainer. Yeah…it has an autopilot and flight director too…but it is refreshingly basic.

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Fokker Dr.1

Ooph… KMWH overlay with 250 mothballed 737-MAX parked on it…

3 Likes

This looks nice…LFRS Nantes-Atlantique freeware scenery…

8 posts were split to a new topic: C-47 Skytrain

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: Avro Vulcan B Mk. 2, K.2 and MRR

16 posts were split to a new topic: Quest Kodiak

Digital Design Tenerife South is free today:

1 Like

That guy has some cool videos. Flys into some sketchy places.

Really cool video. I understand the concept of the TAWS inhibit…we go into some VFR airfields where we need to do it as well, but I’d be a little wary of deselecting it so far from the airfield. Those guys are experienced though…so maybe it is a non stop litany of nuisance TAWS alerts throughout the descent…

LOL, my X-Plane install was so neglected that when I ran it after an update, it launched the C172 newb tutorial. Blew it all away and starting from scratch. This should take me a few weeks. Hold my beer…

“Pull back to make the houses grow smaller. Keep pulling back to make the houses grow bigger…”

3 Likes

Ha. Reminds me of my first flying lesson in Lawrenceville, GA, by on old crusty bearded dude who ran the flight school at the first FBO that I came to. We were tooling along shoulder to shoulder in a grease-streaked and faded C152 at about 3000 ft (there I was), and he looked over at me and quipped, “Why you hangin’ on so damn tight boy-ah? You wouldn’t hold on to your girlfriend’s [fill in the blank] like that, would you?”

4 Likes

I swear all flight instructors from that era were cast from the same mold.

2 Likes

Should have quipped back that “She likes a man with a firm hand and a good grip.”

Wheels

1 Like

Considering the Carenado sale ongoing at the Org Store, are there any opinions on the FA50 EX and the S550? I know that @BeachAV8R is our local Citation SME, but the I’ve got a soft spot for three-holers and that Falcon is a beast. Worried a little about the Pro Line 21 implementation though. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of discussion about the Falcon in the .org Carenado forum, but not sure how to interpret that.

I do not own the Falcon 50, so I don’t really have an opinion on it. I’ve always said that Carenado gives an “Airplane X experience”…meaning that while some of the details aren’t quite right, you do sort of get the feeling of what it would be like to fly one. The Citation II is really fun and nice…not perfect by any means, but nice. Having picked up the Do228 in the sale…it has quickly become one of my favorites of theirs.

1 Like

Thanks Beach. Agree very much on the Do228. It has taken much time that I would normally spend in the King Air.

1 Like

I pulled the trigger on F50, so far so good. Sadly what is common to Carenado birds is that many times exist some things, that is never a showstopper, but after you discover it, it looks like the red dot in the DLC like in this epic Seinfeld episode:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xteXgurD-DM

In the F50 for now, and i really hope that some day they fix it, is that if you enable the gust locker the yoke and ailerons/elevators are hold (no animation) but the aircraft still flyable on pitch and roll, funny no?

Many times I think that beta testing not only needs to be made by the best real pilots that always follow real procedures and only test the aircraft in professional normal conditions, a good beta testing requires ALWAYS a stupid proof tests!
This is like having a car simulator were the handbrake do nothing because everyone expect you disable it before start running/driving.

1 Like

My answer to that is don’t use the gust lock :wink: .

2 Likes