X-Plane Releases Thread (2020)

I have no clue really, but’ I imagine it’s a handful to operate by yourself. Though that’s true of most of these, and half the fun!

Not a release… but for BAe146 fans:

“Work is underway on the XP11 version of the 146 :+1:” Directly quoted from MartynJF over on the Org forums. Just Flight and Thranda seem to be a great team!

2 Likes

This is definitely a great team. I think Thranda (DanKlue) has a similar mindset as JustFlight in wanting to get a lot of the details right. Carenado is a bit more fast and loose on their systems modeling (but the prices also usually reflect that).

A BAe146 would be awesome. Love that bird…

1 Like

PANC by Zero Dollar Payware (i.e. it’s freeware)… I have had my eye on the development of this one for awhile now.

4 Likes

Wow I would love one of those. Especially in the empire or QinetiQ colours

A post was split to a new topic: Cessna 337

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: C-47 Skytrain

How about this one ?
Like do we have enough money and time for this all ? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice! That’s one of our old birds. Thump-thump-thump… I don’t own the Cowan Simulations Bell…might have to pick it up!

its the classic that i many times complaint:
GA: 90% - C172/C182 or Small Pipers
2 vintage props: 90% DC3
modern airliners: 90% B737 or A320
2 prop GA: 90% Baron and their clones or B200 and friends
and always the same when exist 1000s of classic and aviation history landmarks never saw in flight sims!!!
A good vintage 4 prop for xp11 like a b377, Connie, C130 or a Electra looks like a mortal sin or a taboo for devs choices.
Its like the same in other kind of markets, oooooohhhhh now X is a success, lets everyone try the slice of the cake (money from the sells) also trying to sell the X. Or also the fanboys, i only use X, all others i not want, i not understand, and/or i not like…
Some times happens even on TV, when a channel have a program at 20:00 and is a success, all others instead of doing other good things for the same time, no, they all try to exactly copy. If in that time you wanna something different you haven’t.

An updated/fixed C337 would be very welcome Beach. I just hope that XCNuse releases it. Good discussion here also with regards to the PC12 shortcomings, even with REP, down the page.

666 votes and 71 comments so far on Reddit

I have been eyeing that Carenado 337 for a while now, but didn’t like what I read about some of its features.
So this sounds interesting.

I have a feeling that there is some experienced 3D modeler(s) who produces nice 3D models of planes and xplane developers are buying these 3D models and developing xplane modules out of it.
Cant find any other explanation for what is happening with the multiple releases of the same plane in the recent months - 2x R22, 2x SR22, 2x BN-2, 2x C-47 (P3D, XP), …

Definitely would rather see DC4 … but on the other hand, we have enough nice and unique modules coming out despite that.

Something also here :

So.Cal release “soon”

2 Likes

I’ve been using the forkboy ortho with the road and autogen texture mod, not sure if this would be worth it. The custom buildings are nice though.

The Rotate MD11F is about the only thing on the horizon I’m interested in. Not too many high quality big boys out there.

2 Likes

https://rotatesim.com/category/md-11/

2 Likes

At least some good news here :wink:

2 Likes

Same here. I’ve been checking their page every day for news. It looks lovely so far. Can’t wait to do cargo ops with it