X-Plane Releases Thread (2020)

I’ve been using the forkboy ortho with the road and autogen texture mod, not sure if this would be worth it. The custom buildings are nice though.

The Rotate MD11F is about the only thing on the horizon I’m interested in. Not too many high quality big boys out there.

2 Likes

https://rotatesim.com/category/md-11/

2 Likes

At least some good news here :wink:

2 Likes

Same here. I’ve been checking their page every day for news. It looks lovely so far. Can’t wait to do cargo ops with it

A few years back, some of the old IL-2 squad that I used to fly with got together on the anniversary of D-Day and connected mulitplayer with FSX. We flew Dakotas out of England at midnight and flew the same route as 82nd and 101st drop that went via the Channel Islands. We simulated the weather and navigation methods. Well, we didn’t have pathfinders, so we used NDBs. But I can say that even when you are not being shot at, it was difficult in broken clouds to know where the hell you were at night.

8 Likes

Just downloaded that a couple days ago, it’s fantastic!

I downloaded another airfield of his, KCLL, and was equally impressed.

1 Like

This and Air Hauler 2

2 Likes

ORBX US Southern California SD and HD are out…! On sale now for 20% off…

orbx3

6 Likes

I love it when I’m still awake at 4AM local (0800 GMT) and a new product drops. The servers will be getting hammered in a few hours…

4 Likes

I’m in my happy place…

8 Likes

I’d like to see a comparison between true earth HD and the Forkboy ortho project. I’m assuming the custom buildings make the biggest difference?

3 Likes

Wondering that myself. Convenience is nice though I’m sure.

When you have a chance, out of morbid curiosity, can you hop out to Moreno Valley and see if the giant ‘M’ is out there on the mountain? I’m curious, with all the air race talk from a little while back.

So…I’m thinking you mean in the new SOCAL scenery…

…at first I was thinking you meant in RL…

I was all, “Yeah Beach…jump in that fancy jet of yours and go take a look for us. Just tell your company it is for Mudspike!” :grimacing:

3 Likes

I had to have it… downloading now. This probably means that Air Hauler will be released imminently along with another shiny new airplane or two… it just seems to work that way.

Oh, and I need another HDD I think!

1 Like

I would not buy it, but for the enhanced cityscapes. That’s the one thing that you don’t get with orthophotos. I fly so much around So Cal that I’ll be picking it up today as well. :+1:

1 Like

I’ve already found three of the places I lived in photos and videos of the new scenery… Still on the fence, especially as I’m dancing through trying to optimize my settings as it is (currently seem to be stuck at around 20 fps).

1 Like

I fly to SoCal a lot for work… Van Nuys, Carlsbad, LAX, Camarillo, etc etc… so this is almost home turf for me. Plus, I can now fly from San Diego to Seattle with OrbX TE scenery… SoCal was the missing piece.

3 Likes

I counted 4 San Dog screen shots…5 if that is the old Chargers stadium. Yeah, I’ll be getting this. San Diego was the one place where I stayed the longest…5 years! :sunglasses:

EDIT: So am I the only one who now cannot get “California Dream’n” out of my head.

1 Like