X-Plane Releases Thread (2020)

What Iam REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hope is that xp12 will have full compatibility with all addons of 11.50, because i’m already full of buying again the same addons every time a version change, or even worst, no support and no updates to the next version :frowning:
Because that i still use xp10 (that sucks) for dc6.
Ofc we need to progress, but that careless of retro compatibility made me mad and when i see wishlist of xp12, no one mention that, because 99% of xp11 users not have more than 1 payware, or only fly the zibo 737

1 Like

I would definitely like to see that too. My XP11 hangar is too big to just walk away from, and I think there is probably room for a few more additions in the near future.

1 Like

You…think:roll_eyes:

:wink:

1 Like

First look of the PT19 by Q8Pilot… for the price point, I’m blown away. It’s a pity that I won’t be able to try it myself for the next week or so as I’m on the road.

2 Likes

Just as a heads up…the PT19 introductory price of $24.95 ends in a couple of days, and then the price will be a still very reasonable $29.95. So, as was inevitable, the airplane is now in my hangar waiting for my return home. Hopefully Jerry (the module’s virtual mechanic) will have her in pristine condition and ready for my first flight.

I’m guessing the Chipmunk upgrade is going to have to happen too seeing as V1 was such a pleasure to fly.

1 Like

I thought he retired.
Good to have him back :+1:

He did step away for awhile, but he seems to be pretty active again with streams and video content.

1 Like

t.hanks_
t.hanks_
Me and PaulRix :wink:

(sad that this aircraft not have a vor/adf)

Someone please install some starter motors in those darn planes quickly before this gets any worse :rofl:

1 Like

If they have to prime it too…that could be a two handed affair… :muscle:

2 Likes

Not a release…but an update of the Airfoil Labs King Air 350

Main Features:

1. Vulkan/Metal compatibility
  2. G530/GTN750 implementation
  3. Other bug fixes

Version 1.4. Release Notes:

Vulkan Renderer implementations
2 x G530 Implementation
2 x GTN750 Implementation
3d model changes
Textures corrections
Icons
Fuel crossfeed corrected
Texture grabber not unloading fix
Callout corrections
Towing power bug
Steering bug
Refueling window fix
Digital display corrections
CDU connect to Avionics Triple Fed Bus

4 Likes

And all we need is that XP org store sale… :thinking:

2 Likes

Not too many developers as awesome as Thranda. With their PC-6, Kodiak, and all those updated Carenado planes (he no longer works for them though)…Dan just released the DHC-2 Beaver…

8 Likes

This one should be released for MSFS 2020 too. I would go for it in a heartbeat.

in compensation, for msfs20 new releases you have a Bleriot jurassic aircraft (yeah i much prefer old aircraft than g1000 new ones, but please not so old), a ultralight boring aircraft and a cheap made eurofighter…

For multiple reasons my loved xp11 still be my nr1 civil flight sim

3 Likes

Nice looking Kenai / PAEN for X-Plane. Same company released the MSFS version a few weeks back…

1 Like

Not a release…but an update to the already awesome X-Crafts ERJs

X-Crafts brings the next ERJ update v1.3.3. We’ve improved a number of items that will make your experience even better! Even though X-Crafts is now focusing mainly on the new E-Jets Family which is in development, the popular ERJ Family is still very much in active development and we have many more features planned for this product line.

Release Notes:

AVIONICS CONTROLS

• Revised CRS knobs for CA and FO. CRS knobs were changing both CRS1 or CRS2 based on NAV source selected. Now CRS1 (Left side) only changes CRS1 and CRS2 only changes CRS2. Added the “push to synch” on center of knobs.
  • Total fuel used will reset if the FMS is cleared using the CLR (twice inside of five seconds).
  • You can now manipulate YAW and ROLL knobs on the back of the pedestal in VR to change yaw and roll trim.
  • Pressurization controller increment changed to 100 instead of 500ft.

AVIONICS DISPLAYS

• Trend vectors added to the PFD for both Speed and altitude. The speed trend vector shows where the speed will be in 10 seconds based on current acceleration. The altitude Trend vector shows what the altitude will be in 6 seconds. Both reflect the prediction times used in the real aircraft.
  • Airspeed tape becomes live only after 40kts like on the real aircraft
  • Added Horizontal Localizer deviation (dot) scale just underneath the artificial horizon. (Note: If you don’t see it, make sure you have a VOR or ILS with DME tuned in. Some don’t have it)
  • Added a green tape to the pitch trim indicator to match the real EICAS.

MANIPULATION

• Yoke visibility command changed. You can now hide the yokes by clicking on the yokes, as well as using the XP menu Flight > Toggle Yoke Visibility (or by the command assigned on your keyboard).
  • Added the ability to open doors by clicking on them (only works in 3D cockpit view).

MODELING

• Wings were not using PBR in the last version. Meaning the materials were not shown properly. This is now fixed.
  • Fixed some texturing issues around the cockpit.
  • Switching to RADIO 2 on the RMU1 showed a texturing glitch. Fixed.
  • Changed lighting of monitor knobs to match the flood light.
  • Fixed Elevator animation.
  • Rudder deflection time now a bit slower.
  • Fixed the cargo bit sticking out of the fuselage on the E140.
  • Fixed APU inlet model.
  • I was not using a golden ticket number 8! I used a different golden ticket twice. This is part of the easter egg hunt. You can now complete the whole secret sentence.

AUTOPILOT

• AP pitch up for Overspeed is now active only if the aircraft is in VS mode. This permits using the maximum airspeed when in autopilot.

AUDIO

• Cabin sounds will only reset after you actually fly (may still have intermittent bug).

KEY BINDINGS

• Added custom commands for all doors.
  • Added custom command to reset total fuel used.

HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION:

Option 1: Use the SkunkCrafts Updater. You will need the latest version of the SkunkCrafts updater or you might have some problem with the add-ons.

Option 2: Simply redownload and reinstall the files directly from the store.

3 Likes

Newly released Reality Expansion Pack for the Thranda Beaver… REP is always a great add-on!

3 Likes

New year… new topic :slight_smile: