X-Plane releases thread

I suppose they don’t work with 10?

I would almost certainly think they would as long as you have the libraries. I’m currently trying one out but apparently need to update my CDB library…(I’d kill for an auto-library updater that is incremental…)

2 Likes

Here’s another one:

http://forums.x-plane.org/screenshots/monthly_2017_01/5876b5a4b767b_WW56SusiAirPassValleyAirstripj.jpg.fc473d6ce48a4265ca1476756290bc1f.jpg

2 Likes

Libraries make xplane a chore. It’s so annoying having to manually update them. And then most of them are full downloads again. Those packs looks pretty nice though.

That’s gorgeous!

EDIT: So it appears some airfields do not really work with 10.51 due to the terrain slope, now downloading AlpilotX scenery for indonesia and see if that works.

Oh bugger, no such scenery for indonesia

Has anyone here pulled the trigger on X-Enviro yet? I’m edging closer…but still can’t quite stomach that price. At $40 I’m in…

Waiting for a good review from an XP11 user.

Me neither, I have watched some video comparing Xenviro to Skymax pro 4 and for me it had a slight edge over that one. Still undecided because I fear a performance impact and also because xp11 is very much WIP still.

1 Like

Same here. XP is borderline already for performance for stuff like VR, and everything I’ve read on Xenviro says it eats frames for breakfast. I want fluid flight and nice screenshots.

1 Like

Yeah…and the prevailing wisdom might be to wait for XP11 to mature a bit and get out of beta…who knows what Austin and Co. might do with their weather engine…maybe it will become “good enough” to not even worry about a 3rd party application…

1 Like

Beach’s favourite plane for flying to the olympics is on sale right now on the X-plane store:

1 Like

All the Susi air scenery packages, most of em appear to work in 10 too! Highly recommended if you love bush flying!

2 Likes

Flying into WW01. I think they use a slightly less steep approach then I did but heck, if it ain’t fun! besides, the PA-46 Malibu Mirage seems quite happy to deal with this airstrips, but thundering down the hill is still a bit unnerving.

6 Likes

Ah…the memories!

1 Like

Those are some great videos…that grass whipping by under the wing really gives a nice sensation of speed.

1 Like

It’s a great experience, I think the author has done a fantastic job of showing how scary these fields can be!

1 Like

I’ve been enjoying the Sisu Air package a little more, ended up bringing back a pair of rich tourists that want the full experience but still travel in style. After a nights sleep at the mainhub they decided to go sight seeing early in the morning, so we left at the crack of dawn.

It’s a small hop to WW56, bit of power for climb, and then lean it a little for cruise, although the 46 barely has time to get into its zone.

A quick pass confirms no wreckages are strewn across the runway, so we are good to go! In this case I want to get her down early since it’s a S shaped runway going uphill…

2 Likes

I did it on impulse, there was no way I was buying another skymaxxx. It seems to “just work” and represent the real world weather a lot better than skymaxxx. Last night I was looking for some crappy weather and saw on wunderground that it should be snowing in Flagstaff, AZ. Placed a PC-12 at 20,000 MSL (the only way I can get it to start in XP11) and shot the ILS down to minimums in a snow storm, was pretty cool and seamless, no sudden 10 mi visibility or anything. I think if I did that in Skymaxxx I would have probably been able to see the airport above the overcast layer and visibility probably would have spazzed out a few times on approach. I guess the resolution of clouds is lower but I really don’t care because it overall looks better and does what it’s supposed to so far.

This looks interesting - US West “Real Life”:

“This world2xp scenery covering Western US from Los Angeles to Denver, utilizes a focused set of locally flavored HD photoreal textured objects and facades against an extensive heuristic rule set extracting a maximum amount of OSM tag info to produce real life scenery across a vast area. Mixes well with LR default autogen (smart-exclusions enabled) as the US have very uneven OSM data coverage.”

3 Likes

From the download description:

What gives USA West its distinctive flavor?

• Fast-food restaurants galore including In-n-Out Burger

Sold!

Here’s the area that pack covers with lovely OSM detail. The coords were hard to visualize, so used X-Plane Organizer to show the coverage:

Finally, In-n-Out in Vancouver, BC :wink:

1 Like