X-Plane Scenery/ Config/ Installation/ General HELP!

So thanks to peer pressure from @fearlessfrog and @BeachAV8R, I’ve started installing all the things into X-Plane as I prepare to dive back into the world of civil flight sims. However, I keep running into errors and crashes every time when loading, and no matter how much config dancing I do, and how much time I spend in the X-Plane forums, I’m stuck as to what I’m doing wrong. So, technical gurus, any help would be appreciated. I’ve spent the last three days trying to get this to work, and I’m pretty much at my wit’s end.

Here’s my custom scenery config file:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/OpenSceneryX/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EBBR Brussels/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDF Frankfurt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDM Munich/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDT Berlin Tegel/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn-Lippstadt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGBB Birmingham/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGKK London-Gatwick/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGLL Heathrow/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGPF Glasgow/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGSS London-Stansted/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EIDW Dublin/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LEBL Barcelona/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LEMD Madrid/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFMN Nice Cote d Azur X/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPG Paris CDG/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPO Paris Orly/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LPFR Faro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LSGG Genf/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KBOS - Boston Logan International/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KBOS - Boston Logan International Orthophotos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KBOS - GroundTraffic City/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KLAL - Lakeland (airshow version)/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KOSH - Wittman Regional (airshow version)/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LOWI Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/world-models/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/MisterX_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zzz_hd_global_scenery3/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Terrain/

And here’s where the errors start coming in in my log file (near the very end):

0:00:00.000 E/SCN: Failed to find resource ‘lib/industry_commerce/industrial_old_20x30a.obj’, referenced from scenery package ‘Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/’.
0:00:00.000 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/Earth nav data/+30-090/+36-081.dsf:
0:00:00.000 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: lib/industry_commerce/industrial_old_20x30a.obj
0:00:00.000 E/SCN: Failed to find resource ‘lib/industry_commerce/industrial_old_20x30a.obj’, referenced from scenery package ‘Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/’.
0:00:00.000 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/Earth nav data/+30-090/+34-081.dsf:
0:00:00.000 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: lib/industry_commerce/industrial_old_20x30a.obj
0:00:00.000 I/SCN: DSF load time: 310278 for file Custom Scenery/Global Airports/Earth nav data/+30-080/+34-079.dsf (0 tris)
0:00:00.044 E/SCN: Failed to find resource ‘lib/industry_commerce/industrial_old_20x30a.obj’, referenced from scenery package ‘Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/’.
0:00:00.044 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/Earth nav data/+30-080/+34-079.dsf:
0:00:00.044 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: lib/industry_commerce/industrial_old_20x30a.obj
0:00:00.074 E/SCN: Failed to find resource ‘lib/industry_commerce/industrial_old_20x20b.obj’, referenced from scenery package ‘Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/’.
0:00:00.074 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/Earth nav data/+30-090/+36-081.dsf:
0:00:00.074 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: lib/industry_commerce/industrial_old_20x20b.obj
0:00:00.074 E/SCN: Failed to find resource ‘lib/industry_commerce/industrial_old_20x20b.obj’, referenced from scenery package ‘Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/’.
0:00:00.074 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/Earth nav data/+30-090/+34-081.dsf:
0:00:00.074 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: lib/industry_commerce/industrial_old_20x20b.obj
0:00:00.097 E/SCN: Failed to find resource ‘lib/industry_commerce/industrial_old_20x20b.obj’, referenced from scenery package ‘Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/’.
0:00:00.097 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/Earth nav data/+30-080/+34-079.dsf:
0:00:00.097 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: lib/industry_commerce/industrial_old_20x20b.obj
0:00:00.196 E/SCN: Failed to find resource ‘R2_Library/budovy/haly/hala_56x85a.obj’, referenced from scenery package ‘Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/’.
0:00:00.196 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/Earth nav data/+30-090/+34-081.dsf:
0:00:00.196 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: R2_Library/budovy/haly/hala_56x85a.obj
0:00:01.836 E/SCN: Failed to find resource ‘lib/industry_commerce/industrial_old_20x30a.obj’, referenced from scenery package ‘Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/’.
0:00:01.836 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/Earth nav data/+30-080/+36-079.dsf:
0:00:01.836 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: lib/industry_commerce/industrial_old_20x30a.obj
0:00:02.279 E/SCN: Failed to find resource ‘lib/industry_commerce/industrial_old_20x20b.obj’, referenced from scenery package ‘Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/’.
0:00:02.279 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/Earth nav data/+30-080/+36-079.dsf:
0:00:02.279 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: lib/industry_commerce/industrial_old_20x20b.obj
0:00:03.436 E/SCN: Failed to find resource ‘R2_Library/industrial/elektrarny/solar_panel_50m.obj’, referenced from scenery package ‘Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/’.
0:00:03.436 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/Earth nav data/+30-080/+36-079.dsf:
0:00:03.436 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: R2_Library/industrial/elektrarny/solar_panel_50m.obj
0:00:05.721 I/SCN: DSF load time: 5715688 for file Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/Earth nav data/+30-080/+34-079.dsf (0 tris)
0:00:06.062 E/SYS: ±------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:00:06.062 E/SYS: | There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:00:06.062 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/
0:00:06.062 E/SYS: | The scenery may not look correct.
0:00:06.062 E/SYS: | Please see the log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:00:06.062 E/SYS: | (io_dsf.cpp:678)
0:00:06.062 E/SYS: ±------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 remove w2xp_america.
Step 2 global airports folder should be after all your custom airports.
Step 3 make sure stuff follows the order outlined here: Understanding Scenery Order - X-Plane Tips and Tricks - The AVSIM Community

Once you get things working without w2xp then you can figure out which library you are missing g

Just delete the folder from custom scenery altogether?

Thanks!

I think there’s a problem with w2xp_America…lol… :wink:

Unfortunately, it might be a step by step removal or addition procedure. I’d go with default X-Plane first (remove all the add-ons). Load it…make sure it loads with no errors. Then you’ll just have to add incrementally until you find the culprit. I swear…I think I get scenery missing warnings, but X-Plane continues to load (?). Usually I’m missing some flag on a flagpole or something.

Are you using that Ortho stuff? Because I haven’t dabbled with that yet. It’s on my list of things to do.

Just move it out of there so you don’t have to re-download it…place it in a storage directory. Once you remove it, X-Plane should rebuild the scenery file…

Not yet… Eventually… I mean, I’d eventually like to fly something in here, after all… :wink:

You’re missing fflibrary among a host of others. But fflibrary is the problem here I think.

This should t be a tough fix. Just removing w2xp America and reordering should get you running. Fflibrary should make w2xp america work

2 Likes

Yeah, removed the w2xp America and reordered. It’s running now, so perhaps it was a bad download?

No you’re missing fflibrary. The object it can’t find is in that. If you install the library and put w2xp (following the install layers I linked above) it should work.

There’s a huge list of libraries, which is incredibly irritating. If you search the org for tom Knudsen’s library installer it while give you the list of the most important/common ones. You could use that installer for a first time install but I don’t really recommend it for maintenance as I think it redowloads te whole package every time when you need to update a single lib.

I think it’s tom Knudsen’s installer. Might be someone else.

Looks like the general R2_Library of objects errors. You can grab that here and it’s used by a few packs:

http://r2.xpl.cz/

I must have already had it I guess?

1 Like

This is great advice. That library updater is really nice…

1 Like

Missed that one.

OK, installed the fflibrary and r2 library, downloading the Knudsen library next. Where is all this written down? I didn’t see it in the knowledge bases or manual…

It’s in a little notebook under Austin’s seat cushion. Definitely a need to know basis. Welcome to X-Plane.

2 Likes

FWIW - I agree that the library system is a bit of a nightmare currently. It sure would be nice if you could download a custom scenery, and it would “a la carte” download the individual components from each library that the creator used. The way it is now isn’t ideal for sure…but there are major libraries that more or less contain most of the dependencies that you need. It could really be improved though…but I’m not sure how that would be done given that each library contains individual artwork and creations.

Fyi the Knudsen download will have fflibrary and r2

I guess this is the best thread to ask:
Which libraries do you typically need for an Antarctic base?

I wanted to download EGAR Rothera research Station as @RocLobster (I think it was him) suggested.
However, as this is my first custom airport install, it seems I have to install all the libraries from the Master List of Libraries. This would be a huge amount of work for just one airfield.
Could you give me a selection of those libraries with which the Antarctic bases will probably work?
Or maybe a way to figure out which ones it actually needs?