X-Wing Remake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLrqtmKazpI

A remake in Unity. The author is about to get a knock on the door by a 6ft mouse carrying a baseball bat with ‘IP’ written on it though…

More info here:

7 Likes

Or, you know, give him millions of dollars and release an X-Wing game spanning from Rebels to Force Awakens.

Yeah, who am I kidding, it’s 2016. He’s probably gonna get shot by an elite Mouse Themed squad of insidiously over designed lawyer/hitwomen/princesses. They’ve probably got their own copyrighted theme song.

4 Likes

Hi ho, hi ho, its off to ip ban we go…

3 Likes

4 Likes

In unity, the game engine that can’t handle my rudder pedals being plugged in at the same time as a regular controller…

All I know is that apparently I should have been a pilot for the Rebellion…

4 Likes

Man, so many memories… would love to play an updated version even if it means the author will end up in a trash compactor somewhere…

2 Likes

More like EA will bust his ass when they get wind of it. Sucks because it looks impressive.

2 Likes

Hey @Franze - great to see you! (Whattchya been working on?) LOL…

1 Like

Someone needs to do a remake of these titles though… Would be great!

1 Like

I just really want a modern Tie-Fighter game. The classic still feels extremely solid though, just some modern graphics.

Briefly considered what it would take to make it when I got those classics 2 weeks ago and quickly realized that a OpenTieFigher or OpenXWing game would never gain ground like OpenTTD and the likes did.

1 Like

I dunno, that actually might be more easy now than ever since UE4, Cryengine and Unity3d are all free to use. Cloning the game might be far easier than someone doing all the updated models and textures though. I’m pretty sure at this point most everyone has thought about trying their hand at remaking it :smiley:

No I mean the DMCA’s would start flying within a day of the announcement. That’s my issue. The technology is there. Heck build it in Elite or some other existing engine.

1 Like

Other than dealing with the worst job discrimination I’ve ever experienced in my life, been writing novels! Trying to get back to the ArmA3 scene though.

Update time!

Nice nuggets of info…

4 Likes