Zero Hour (a early release alpha on Steam.)

I really want to like Zero Hour. It has some cool ideas and I appreciate the non-US setting.

I just hope they iron out the annoyances and make it work. Fingers crossed!

Me also, but after playing 100s of shooters since 1990 that game is the only shooter that made me motion sickness. So uninstalled…
Instead of implement a stamina system that are sticked with motion speed and in extreme situations with sway of the weapon, NO, it is sticked with camera sway and it do everytime you walk even small walk meters all the time on.
In reality even if i run i not have my vision swaying all the time as if i’m drunk.
So its a bad dev decision and enforced by stubborn behavior.
This game it sway all the vision even if you only walk.

Thanks that we already have the Ready or Not, SWAT4 (modded and pimped) and others on the genre.

With RoN and SWAT4 w/ SEF and +200 maps i live happy and well wiithout ZH.

1 Like

Zero Hour was good in Co-op PvE imo.

how about SWAT4 ? it says Multiplayer, but does it support Co-op online play?

Not sure these days, but back in the day via GameSpy it definitely did.

The SWAT4 correctly modded it fully works for pve online coop (2 DLL files also change to modern servers). One creates a server with a playlist of maps and the others join it. All using the ingame menus. You can adjust many parameters for the match.
The replayability is superb because ramdom enemies placement and you have multiple enemies behavior about aggressive, fear, stress, etc

I never had any issue with it. In some R6 games it had a bug where the sound only host listen or in ZH where some see the enemy and the others not. In SWAT4 everything works perfectly and synced!!!

Its for multiple reasons why SWAT4 was/is still a reference on the genre and for many many years the nr1 in this kind of game and even after so many years still played. RoN is fully based on it including the gameplay and interface etc

On gog.com you can get it in sale for about 5 usd that for that game is like gifted.

1 Like

I’ll need to try that. I love the options rappelling offers.

agree, we used that few times

for SWAT 4 Gold you need these 2 things:

(SEF 7.1)
and

(DLLs to enable multiplayer)

thx for info

1 Like

I actually recommend the First Responders mod over standard SEF.

2 Likes