2017 Health & Fitness thread

I’m down! Still firming up planned dates and workouts with my prospective lifting partners, but count me in. I spent a couple of years drinking the Crossfit Kool-Aid pretty strongly- I don’t have that kind of disposable income right now, but I do love throwing around some heavy weights. Especially as a way to let off pent up aggression and frustration.

4 Likes

I was thinking more of a MUDSPIKE combine in that there were 3 or 4 events. Something a bit more interesting than weight loss. My initial feeling was something like this:

1. Pushups
  2. Pullups
  3. 40 yd sprint (can be self timed)
  4. Optional event: Plank

Final count completed by July 1, two divisions: under 35 and 35+.

Honor system except for winners, who would need video confirmation :slight_smile:

Edit: FYI, currently I can only do 3 pull-ps, 15 push-ups, and need a calendar for the 40.

3 Likes

I have the body of a finely-honed 23 year old man - let’s hope the police never find it!

(well, that went dark quickly - I bet The Google will make us pay for that one eventually). :frog:

Heh, anyway, murder jokes aside, I am mid (mumble mumble) roaring forties and do need to use the damn gym that is literally 120 feet away from where I am sat. I have also eaten like a pequino locked in a supermarket in the last couple of weeks and need to stop that soon.

Let’s do this! My target is to hit the gym stuff twice a week at a minimum.

3 Likes

I’m in. Last year, I dropped 30 pounds from 183 to 153. Unfortunately, I gained eight back. (Damned holidays…)

So, time to take it back off. Wife’s going to do it, too. She lost weight last year and wants to lose some more.

I want to be down to 155 by the end of January. I’ll let you know how it goes.

3 Likes

I just had a Mashed potato and Bacon sandwich. @AeroMechanical can we start next week?

Fine. Fine. I am in.

I have my physical on April 24th and would like to deprive my doctor of his annual condescension in the name of helping me. Whatever. Smug ■■■■■■■.

(I’m serious about the sandwich. It was amazing. I might be a very tough case)

4 Likes

I’d go with weight based divisions for those events or calculate how much weight was pushed/pulled times reps for a total, to sorta of even out the weight difference.

1 Like

Picture, recipe and AAR ASAP, soldier!

1 Like

35 pushups, 1 pull-up that I would actually count, still need to time my 40, and 60 second front plank on a medicine ball (maybe longer just on the floor?).

I’m cool with either age or weight. Or some kind of percentage tracking perhaps.

Got up early to take the dogs for a walk, only to find it was pouring rain. They took one look outside at the door, turned around, and went back to bed.

The YMCA was gloriously empty between 6 and 8 this morning. Hopefully that’s not just a fluke.

4 Likes

Can’t do it @komemiute That was the old me. It’s Kale and Pita chips from here on out.

If you want to be around tomorrow, you have to miserable today. I’m brimming with excitement.

3 Likes

Respect.

On a more relevant note, when I said “Shred Thread” I meant a thread devoted to skiing and/or snowboarding, not weight loss!

1 Like

I’m all about fitness! I’m about fitness burger in my mouth!

4 Likes

Holy snappin clogged arteries batman.

Fwoooaaaarrr

1 Like

10 Likes

What? Isn’t breakfast supposed to be the most important meal of the day?

1 Like

I was all motivated for half a minute there to lose some weight, right up to the point when i remembered i was eating a kielbasa and sauerkraut sandwhich

3 Likes

Ditch the bun, and it’s Paleo. Therefore it has to be healthy. Bam.

3 Likes

Did an easy 7K today, average pace just below 6min/km. Just above the cardio zone but I barely stressed my body with this run. I should probably adjust the cardio threshold a little in my watch.

4 Likes

You’re gonna get voted off the island if you keep up with the great progress updates. That or we will roll you in dough, deep fry you, put powdered sugar on you and eat you. (We do that here in the Carolinas - @Navynuke99 can attest to it…)

3 Likes