[29Apr-01May] Her Majesty's Brave & Honorable Mudspike Air Regiment

Proposed Mustering Times:
Saturday, 30 Apr @ 1600 UTC
Saturday, 30 Apr @ 2100 UTC
Sunday, 01 May @ 1600 UTC

Calculated these times such that we have two opportunities where West & East Coast US plus our European friends are all awake at sane hours, and one more towards those living in the states.

Naturally, If anyone would like to propose other times or add times, have at it!

Server / Missions

The in-game browser would seem to indicate hosting a game shouldn’t be too hard, and it seems like there’s prebuilt missions that would probably occupy our time while we figure out what’s going on. If anyone’s around Friday afternoon/evening it would probably be a good idea to test connectivity for multiple people.

Does anyone have:

1. Experience with hosting a Rise of Flight server?
  2. Any custom missions you’ve made in the mission editor?
  3. Any recommendations about somewhere to get custom missions?
1 Like

I am going to play around with hosting a session tonight if you are around. I will also look at hosting a server for it. No promises since it’s short notice but I will see what I can do. I have two accounts from my earlier install snafu (they did get back to me, as Fridge indicated it took a day) and I have a server, it’s just a matter of me figuring out how to set it up and admin it before Saturday.

No worries if you are not around tonight, I will twist Fridge’s arm to test with me.

1 Like

Not sure if I can make it first times for this weekend, but I’ll do a repair of my install, and could possibly fly tonight to try out that server.

Good timing if we need any extra aircraft - RoF store has a 7th Anniversary 66% off sale going on over this weekend:

and…

3 Likes

Well. I will definitely be there this weekend, unless I am somewhere else.

2 Likes

Hoping to do more of this:

3 Likes

I have the Handley Page as well, might as well do some formation bombing Einstein!

1 Like

Also for those of you who may not have known this - You can join as the gunner in any aircraft, even if you do not own it.

1 Like

Just- seriously- watch where you shoot.
You can very easily clip or shoot off clean a control surface, a wing, or an engine.

Not nice.

3 Likes

Everything I know, I learned from the Dr. Henry Jones School of Aerial Gunnery:

1 Like

Or kill the pilot! Don’t ask how I know… :disappointed:

I remember reading this used to be a serious problem on the multiplayer servers back in the day. Trolls would jump into a gunner slot and kill the pilot.

Also, I have the Ilya Muromets. Is that something that can be flown online with everybody?

We’re about 24 hours out from Muster Time ™ #1: Saturday at 1600 UTC.

Is anyone of the opinion it (or any of the other times) should be pushed forward or backward?

Probably do a little more testing this evening? Taker was able to get a server up and get a dogfight mission going but anything involving the AI (Cooperative mission) has no ‘re-spawn in progrss’ option. Meaning if you die early, it may be a long wait for the next cycle.

1 Like

Yea 11am EST is fine for me tomorrow. I probably can’t do three sessions as the wife has already begun elevating the flak guns.

Server works as Death Match with a few aircraft represented, the free DVa and Spad 13 most importantly. It can run on it’s own and you can respawn if you mishap so it’s good for casual play and learning/testing.

I am going to take a stab either tonight (if I hold myself to two pints) or tomorrow at editing the DM mission to include a few more aircraft types.

Joining the Hoggit server should also be an option as Einstein did in his AAR.

Server will be marked as Mudspike in the browser and the password will be listed in the Teamspeak channel.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Couldn’t resist and got the Fokker E.III, the Fokker DR.1, the Sopwith Camel and the Channel Map for 10€

Those planes are so slow it feels kinda funny to fly them. Awesome turn rates though! :smiley:

2 Likes

I bought RoF Iron Cross edition on Amazon years ago. Could never really get into it, but maybe this is a chance to give it another shot.

Afterall, I have a Nieuport 17 RC plane waiting for better weather to fly, so this is just as good, right?

2 Likes

I’m interested as well, all depending on times, but if you guys get together at a time thats different than the above time or want to get a group together you guys are welcome to add me on steam under the same name.

1 Like