A DIY Radar Controller

Threw some paint on the handle today…
Needs some sanding and respraying and resanding and respraying…
But I think I’m going to like the end result. :wink:

4 Likes

Shaping up nicely. Any plans on what gimbal/sensors you are going to use?

Yeah, it’s in the first post :slight_smile:
I have a spare VKB Black Mamba pincher gimbal. Leftover from when I got the cam gimbal upgrade. I got some TLE5010 magnetic sensors that are a direct replacement for the VKB sensors.

1 Like

Nice! How did the tolerances for you end up with the PA 2200(white strong flexible etc…) material? For me it’s a bit over the place, and removing 0.5mm of material is harder then it sounds, going to go at it with Proxxon tools and some dust protection.

I wonder if my modelling process has had any influence on the tolerances. The inner diameter of 22mm is 21.5 but the other diameter of 36mm is almost bang on.

Anyway, learned a lot about production tolerances and how to account for them! :wink:

I think it may have to do with how you convert the 3D file.
I convert mine to stl and I get the choice of surface deviation, standard deviation ( and a few other). I force surface dev. to 0 and then play around with standard dev. until I get it as small as possible without breaking the max poly limit.
My first models looked more like LEGO bricks, with a lot of visible polys, until I learned how to convert the files properly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wiring… Or making a birds nest. We’ll see…

1 Like

That is a… interesting projects plate you’ve got going there :wink:

1 Like

Make me one too :slight_smile: Now you know how it should be a doddle :wink:

1 Like

It is, isn’t it… :wink:

1 Like

Let’s close her up, shall we?

3 Likes

There…
It works… It actually works! :astonished:

7 Likes

Sexy!

1 Like

I actually managed to program the two stage trigger into three stages…!
So, the first detent is switch no. 1. The end switch is no. 2. When you squeeze the trigger, no.1 closes, and as you continue to squeeze, no. 2 closes. As you ease off the trigger, no. 2 opens, and further, no. 1 opens. And, here’s the clever part! As no. 1 opens, virtual switch no. 3 sends a close/open signal.
MMJoy2 is great! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Haha yep, that’s the magic of inputs :wink:

What are you using the third state for ?

The way the Viggen module commands are set up, the trigger needs a command to go back to neutral when the first detent is released. Just releasing the switch isn’t enough. Some people are solving this with LUA editing, but I thought that since I have the option of just adding a button command to the stick, that would be easier.

1 Like

No rest for the wicked…

1 Like

You are a talented and resourceful guy. Very nice piece of kit.

Cib, let me show you how to beg a Swede… I will buy one if you make it Troll.

As a matter of fact, I think you make a lot of things you should sell. QUIT Your day JOB!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My thoughts as well.

2 Likes

Thanks for the praise! :blush:

I like the thought of starting a production line… But I know, all too well, that making a ‘job’ out of a hobby is a sure way of killing the fun of it all…

2 Likes

I sort of agree… it really depends what size you give to the whole affair and how well you can delegate the parts you hate the most!