My broody-o-meter just broke!

4 Likes

Whereā€™d you get that picture of me?

1 Like

http://imgur.com/tx7jMZn

3 Likes

The Model accuracy makes my stomach turnā€¦

1 Like

I can concur with that, upon better examination that A10 alone bears the signs of ā€œcopy/mirror/pasteā€.
That said, their planes get the work doneā€¦

Yeah, I dont think they are trying to go after DCSā€¦ I think what they are showing looks good for what they are trying to achieve, sort of like War Thunder.

1 Like

I still remember the great Ace Combat 2 for PSX. It had an intruder.
I finally unlocked it, after many hours of grinding and I found out it had an internal gun.

I died a little that day.
Still the game IS funā€¦

lol, war thunder, where every plane w/ a jet has afterburnersā€¦ :LOL:

Donā€™t be a hater, its a fun game to unwind with :slight_smile: I admit though I havenā€™t played in a while, but really enjoy the tanks.

I havent played Ace Combat in a looooooong Time.

But I had a decent one on Xbox (Airforce Delta Storm I think?) And OverG Fighters on Xbox 360 (which was a PS2 Port of Energy Airforce I.P. )

As for WarThunder, I couldnt do itā€¦

Whoa, are people assuming Ace Combat is anything other than the video game equivalent of a B-sci fi movie? Because between flying aircraft carriers, giant AAA Rail guns, SSCVBNs, laser armed space concords, dogfights inside of hydro electric dams, Harriers in space, or aircraft carrying a hundred missiles while reloading in the air, Ace Combat has never attempted to be area code adjacent to realism.

Itā€™s concentrated camp.

Also lol war thunder. The game that proved the Su-27 is just a late war derivative of the Yak-3 via turn performance alone.

You strike a button here, @near_blind. Realism =/= fun.
I really really love how the missions and activities are strung together in Ace Combat.
Some of them at least, Ace Combat 4 for Ps2 was an absolute experience- Ace combat 3 for PSX was a disaster (mainly for the ā€œlost in translationā€ thing).
Assault Horizon was depressing.

I hate to repeat myself but there were so many storylines, aural cues, and different takes on ā€œpilotsā€ in Ace Combat 4ā€¦
Iā€™m actually starting to feel uncomfortable with the passion I feel for that silly console game. But I still do.

The same could almost be said for Sky Crawlers for Wii- Except they missed grandeur by a not so thin margin.
Probably the setting, or the storyline that was dictated by the Manga/novelā€¦

Ehā€¦ Sorry guys. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Right? I know exactly what an Ace Combat title entails, and Iā€™m still moderately excited. Sometimes you donā€™t need realism, big campy stupidity is fun in itā€™s own right.

Besides, I need distractions until that F-14 comes out. :f14:

2 Likes

more money goes into rendering the cutscenes than anything :slight_smile:

For a change, Ace COmbat 4 had some amazing Anime Level cartoon to tie together the missions.
Super awesome.

Itā€™s a really good arcade game featuring beautiful plane shapes. The move to the Unreal 4 engine will make it look really nice. Itā€™s all about the slock story and the graphics/effects, which is cool in my book. Good fun.

5 Likes

You approached from teh wrong sideā€¦ haha

I ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  love the Ace Combat series

They have some of the dopest game music

3 Likes

I remember being so freaking pumped for AC6 to come out back in the day. Maybe it was the gratuitous use of Strike Eagles in the trailer but I still get excited watching it.

Interestingly enough I just replayed the game a few months ago and still enjoyed the crap out of it.

1 Like

It did set a nice standard of bigger areas to fight in. If they do a remake of 4/5/0/6, I wish they keep in mind the battlefields of six and try to implement those