ACE COMBAT 7 Skies Unknown

I still feel Ace Combat 4 reached the peak of action/story telling/music/gameplay.

2 Likes

Ed should hire that man. Damm they know how to make nice graphics , sad that its pure flight game , would kill to get something like that but sim lite :smiley:

Mac wont cut it, no immersion (story etc what is always been great in ace combat series )

1 Like

Did you try the update before last? Seems to have some performance improvments. DCS has never been better, for me.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s right, it really improved, even on my old rig.

2 Likes

No, Iā€™d uninstalled as it was that way for a while so I thought Iā€™d been pushed out. I had it tweaked at almost low settings and it was running nicely then they did something and was unplayable.

Iā€™ll give it another install though because I just bought the Hornet so felt pretty miffed Iā€™d wasted that money.

1 Like

Is that the one with the flamenco guitar music? Because that was ace.

All this Ace Combat talk is making wanna break out AC6. I flipping loved this game when it came out. I still love the trailer.

So far AC7 has my interest, but with no current gen console I guess Iā€™ll be sitting it out lol

Itā€™s on PC 31 Januaryā€¦ :grin:

1 Like

Itā€™s out on steam at the end of this month. Iā€™ve got it on my wishlistā€¦ Im pumped to have a less serious plane game to play. Dcs is a fantastic thing obviously but sometimes I really want to pull 15g and kill 50 migs per mission and feel like a hero lol

@mace sorry didnā€™t see you had already said that

2 Likes

No worries :blush::+1:t2:

No, the one you referring to was Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War. To be honest all PS2 era Ace Combat games had something special. The only good ones after that were Ace Combat 6 for 360 and Ace Combat X for PSP.

It looks amazing and Iā€™m pretty sure my PC will run it. Just wondering if itā€™s going to be worth the money when I know ED has Modern Air Combat coming soon.

Actually, I only played one that sucked, the one where they went with ā€œreal worldā€ stuff. And you had this weird autopilot driven wigglecam for gun kills. It sucked. But I donā€™t remember any of the other ace combats ever being anything less than awesome wild and very pretty fun.

1 Like

It looks great but Iā€™m honestly going to wait on a GOTY. Itā€™s ā‚¬85 to get all the planes and missions right now.

@schurem I think that was Assault Horizon? Atleast with the weird gun mode. I never made it past the first mission.

2 Likes

I bought Assault Horizon on sale and it was one of the only Steam games I simply forfeited after I couldnā€™t get a refund. I didnā€™t even want to see it in my library. Worst $5 Iā€™ve ever spent, and that includes that one time I was so hungry, I walked into a Dairy Queen and ordered tacos.

2 Likes

Yeah, that was Assault Horizon. I was so hyped for that game. Sadly after playing the demo I lost all hope. But bough it for PC only to support their PC release. Luckily this time weā€™re getting proper AC sequel set in strangereal with a proper cheesy-dialogue-epic-campaign.

1 Like

Iā€™m basically praying it is a ā€œmetal gear aeroplaneā€ type story. Corny cheesy and a bit embarrassing. I canā€™t wait lol

1 Like

Here are some quick recaps of the better Ace Combat games:

3 Likes

LOLOLOL! This guy cracked me up! :smiley:

1 Like

QFT

Also good, and I had to have watched that trailer about a dozen times that E3 it came out. Still have the soundtrack on my workout playlist too! Bought the collectors edition with the included HOTAS, which so happed to come out on my birthday. I remember having to take a major business stats class that got out 15 min before gamestop (lol) closed. Set that hotas up with the stick on my playseats racing chassis, and the throttle on the coffee table in my college apartment in front of the 42" plasma (my paid internships were good to me :slight_smile:) . My first sim pit, now that I think about it.

Yup. AC has always been the ā€˜popcorn movieā€™ of flight ā€˜sims.ā€™ You ave to lean into the Hollywood/anime trope cheese, but youā€™re rewarded handsomely when you do. DCS is by comparison a documentary. Itā€™s highly cerebral, and rewarding in itā€™s own way, but dryer than the dessert in summerā€¦

2 Likes