Aerges' DCS: Mirage F1

5 Likes

Seems interesting!
Let’s hope for the best.

1 Like

… 3 years later.

Hmmm. Welp, still one sexay jet, and glad to see movement on it again.

2 Likes

Hadn’t heard about this one. Must of slipped through the radar. Are they doing the tandem f1 as well

1 Like

No screenies yet but the list mentions the BE which was the Spanish tandem seat variant.

1 Like

I’m very impressed by the C-101, so I am pretty excited about this one too. I’ve always loved the F-1.

But, and I know I’m a broken record, I’m really just waiting for the Dynamic Campaign engine, so I have something to do with it. Heck, I’d be happy with a new Instant Action engine. They could just copy the one from USNF, ATF and the like.

4 Likes

Preach, brother! Il-2 did that and it’s about all the use I make of it, it’s almost enough for me. The best instant action generator to my mind is still Aces over the Pacific with it’s “There I was over XXXX in my XXXX with my XX wingmen, when suddenly XXXX we saw XX XXXX’s.” It does exactly the same as the QMB does in il2, but it was just such a sweet bit of immersion, to frame the flight like a sea story from some old salt.

5 Likes

I loved the relative simplicity of it. Select a basic Red vs Blue scenario, go to your loadout screen, fire up the mission. The current IA tries to add in too much and completely overwhelms whatever aircraft you’re trying to experiment with. Most of the time, I don’t want to be part of a full blown strike package of F/A-18s, immediately intercepted by a wall of MiG-29s.

Looking forward to F1 also. But no hurry, even F-14A-95-GR IRIAF by HB is still in development.

5 Likes

Wow, brilliant read.

Cool! Viggen tactics! :wink:

1 Like

Aerges FB Mirage F-1M version

Hi all,
Our 3D model and texture artists keep working hard. Here you have some screenshots of the Mirage F1 M.

12 Likes

Update from Aerges on the F-1

Dear friends,

It’s been a long time since our last update but, as some of you already know, we usually prefer to wait until we have something important to show.

We have been working hard improving the code and the 3D model, especially the landing gear, as you can see in the attached pictures (wheel well doors opened to show the interior). For us it’s very important to release the module in optimal condition from the beginning, even in Early Access, it should be as good as possible.

Regarding the landing gear, we improved the suspension, adapting real data to DCS, we reworked the animation, the 3D model and the textures, and we still keep working on the general behaviour of the gear interaction with the ground.

In parallel, we are working hard on avionics (radios, navigation and weapons) as well as sounds and lighting.

More news will follow soon.

Aerges

14 Likes

Aww yiss!

3 Likes

:ok_hand:t3: Can’t Wait!

1 Like

Look how excuisitely pointy that thing is! And those flogger style main gears. I love it. I remember them as fearsome opponents in falcon3. Should easily give the F5 and the MiG 21 a run for their money.

It will also work as an opfor jet as it was widely exported.

Seeing as these are essentially the guys who put out the excellent C101, this can’t be but very good indeed.

5 Likes

Very excited about this as well.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot they were in the Iraqi Inventory! :open_mouth:

And Libyan too! Do not forget!

1 Like

My favourite livery (I built that same kit looong time ago)

4 Likes