Aero Commander 500S

https://store.x-plane.org/Aero-Commander-500S-XP11_p_516.html

Flash sale I presume.

1 Like

Not sure how the nimbus version compares to the carenado.

It’d be nice to know if carenado was going to participate in the anniversary sale… Couple planes I’d pick up for AH2 if they are.

TY!

Grin

I almost bought it three days ago. Glad I waited. Downloading now, pretty big file at 622 MB, for a GA.

I do not have a Carendo version of it to make a comparison. I see you have gone and got it, but here’s a really quick look, for interest…

This was the first thing that surprised me…

At one certain exterior camera angle, only while the aircraft is on the ground, some sort of artifacts.

All other angles, okay…

This could be some configuration issue of my graphics (I could try alternately OGL Vulkan, to see if it repeats), or a restart could clear it up, who knows?

The aircraft is dead simple to operate. Nobody would have any problems, so keep that in mind if high complexity is your thing. And, it flies really pleasantly, no real quirks or vices…

The VC…

A few things here and there could have had a bit more attention in the modeling department…

Are these ice cubes? Otherwise, it is quite acceptable…

And there are some plug-in config options…

I cannot report on landings yet, because I am still flying it around (and quite enjoying it)! :slight_smile:

In summary. It is a good addition for the AH2/FSE type of thing that is going on right now. @Navynuke99, here is your South Florida ride! I feel that the value at the sale price is good. I might have felt a little cheated at the full price.

o7

1 Like
© 2020 Mudspike.com | Articles Website | Forums Rules & FAQ