X-Plane Releases Thread (2020)

Ha, it took me a while to find the keys. The beers were good though!

1 Like

Looks like the new PC6 by Thranda is coming along. More pics and videos in later posts.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if you guys are into the mountain sceneries by Frank Dainese and Fabio Bellini, but the org store is having a flash sale right now. I just picked up the Eiger and Mt Blanc sceneries at a great discount. Their Everest park, and the Dolomite’s parts 1-3 are on sale too. They said the flash sales will only last a few hours so get them while you can.

I already have their Matterhorn scenery and it is great, especially for helicopter ops.

1 Like

The Dolomites would be worth a pick-up I think. The only disappointment for me so far has been Tierra del Fuego.

1 Like

Unfortunately the flash sale already ended. I haven’t installed my two new areas yet, but I just fired up the Matterhorn with the Bell 412 in VR. Silky smooth and visually stunning. I should have spent more time flying with this scenery before now.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Aero Commander 500S

The Nimbus UH1 is up too! Well worth picking up at that price.

1 Like

Let me know how it is. I’m not finding any comparisons to carenados.

Edit. Pulled the trigger.

2 Likes

Thanks. Awesome. Weird about that view.

I saw the ice cube levers in the previews. Lold a little.

In the end I figured sharing the wealth around was in best interest of spending my money. There’s enough carenado birds I’m interested in getting that supporting another company is a good idea.

How does it compare to the Aerostar? I have that one too. :slight_smile:

I have not forgotten about this - it is near the top of my TO DO list…a project like this is useful when I’m out on the road flying and sitting around in an FBO. So keep an eye out and I’ll get a closed topic sorted with this type of info…

4 Likes

I may take a stab at this later in the week, and break out of this thread some of the recommendations and release notices. I need work to calm down a little first :slight_smile:

2 Likes

VMAX Boeing 777 is on the flash-sale for half-off… $29.97. I probably will skip it because I still have that 757 sitting unused in my hangar…

EDIT - As usual…check their forums first to make sure everything is working in XP-11… (It does look like the developer posted an update as recently as 6 hours ago with an item or two to address 11.50 Vulkan issues…so I would assume it is fairly well updated…)

1 Like

Yeah I saw the 777 for $29, but when I looked at the pics of it, it seemed pretty dated. That’s my biggest issue with Xplane modules is the vast difference in quality levels between the modules. You definitely have to do your homework before you purchase anything.

2 Likes

Yeah…and if I’m gonna fly anything dated…it is gonna be the Boeing 727F! That is kind of my ultimate goal in building up an Air Hauler company…

If I didn’t have the Kodiak, I’d have jumped now…

It’s such an ugly plane lol

agreed. but the documentary series on Youtube “the worst place to be a pilot” made it attractive.

Can you balance a cup of coffee and mini Scrabble board on that sill that runs the length of the cockpit?

Yeah, I’m re-watching that this week. Scary.