Aerofly FS 2

8 Likes

there’s a sales on it and it’s dlc s on Steam till Feb 11.

2 Likes

Yeah, I bought Eagle, Colorado and Chicago Meigs yesterday. I couldn’t resist… :see_no_evil:

1 Like

SPITFIRE L.F MK IX: Aerofly FS2 WIP PICS

FlyingIron Simulations

2 Likes

The guys from IPACS sure have a sense of humor.

7 Likes

Orbx True earth Great Britain a GO For Aerofly FS2: True Earth For Aerofly FS - General Discussion - Orbx Community and Support Forums

4 Likes

The story thus far: A look at some current and upcoming Aerofly 3rd party aircraft

5 Likes

**Grunau Baby IIb Released by Aerofly content creator Kai503

A few words to the plane itself. The Grunau Baby was designed as an affordable, simple training plane. So, don’t expect too much.

• The gliding ratio is 1:17 at 60 km/h. With other words; don’t believe to come very far…
  • It can do some basic aerobatics, it’s the best way to destroy a lot of altitude in shortest time.
  • Big ailerons, a short fuselage and a half flying rudder makes the handling a bit special.

3 Likes
1 Like

“I will be releasing a demo shortly that will add road and sea traffic, plus a couple of other Easter eggs that you will have to just find yourself. A lot of detail has gone into this, including some highly detailed vehicles that match the real life counterparts. My focus right now is for proof of concept, and the proof is that it is pretty amazing and i’m sure everyone will agree.”

Awesome!

[More News From JustFlight on Aerofly]Just Flight announces Duchess model 76 - General discussions - IPACS Aerofly Forum

Hi,
Rich here from Just Flight. I’ll do my best to answer any questions you might have about our AeroflyFS 2 projects!

First, as long as there is sufficient appetite for our offerings, all of our in-house titles are lined up for conversion to AeroflyFS, similar to how we do for X-Plane these days. Our back catalogue contains a number of other high quality GA aircraft that we’re looking forward to getting started on soon, as well as some other stuff I personally can’t wait to see in AF2 - Red Arrows Hawk T1A or a Tornado GR1&F3 anyone?

First though, we’re working towards having the Duchess ready to go before the end of April.

We’ll be releasing some proper specs and a fresh batch of screenshots later today or tomorrow, so check back in with the product page over the next 24hrs for them.

Finally, we’re looking for a handful of experienced AeroflyFS 2 users to assist us with some beta testing, beginning right away. Please drop me an email at [email protected] if you have the time and experience to get involved.

Hi all, the TrueEarth Netherlands update for the Aerofly FS2 version is now available. [announcement] TrueEarth Netherlands 1.10 (AFS2) update available - Orbx Release Announcements - Orbx Community and Support Forums

Updates:

• Added greenhouses
  • Fixed some photoreal
  • Adjustments and corrections to airports and added taxiway markings
  • Fixed incorrect wind turbines
  • Added 47 lighthouses
  • Removed bridges on photoreal
  • EHMZ & EHBK - fixed problems with heights and invalid objects
  • Fixed industrial buildings near Rotterdam
2 Likes

Dino posted an update to this plane; the latest AFS2 build broke one of the systems and it wasn’t loading properly.

2 Likes

SG 38 Schulgleiter for Aerofly FS2 Added: Same Github Link: krzysk1 (krzysk1) / Repositories · GitHub

https://www.aerofly.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/14264-gliding-back-in-time-schulgleiter-sg-38/&postID=75308#post75308

2 Likes

My father and uncle enjoy flightsimming but are more of the casual kind, they have mostly driven trucks in the past few years and would both like to get back into it. My dad is mostly into taking a helicopter and wandering about a bit, and my uncle enjoys flying things like the PMDG 737NG series a few years back.

Would this sim fit either one fine?

Right now, due to lack of some system depth common in older sims, Aerofly is often called a “sim light” which makes it possibly a good choice for beginners. Over time as more depth is added, newbies can hopefully grow with the sim, and in the meantime enjoy its unusually high frame rates and graphics even on modest systems.

It’s also very very good in VR.

FSX (steam) might also be a good choice, if you don’t mind slower fps and dated graphics, but a lot more choice.

Very cool!
My dad got his Glider rating on SG-38’s.

They already fly FSX but that’s too outdated and would not solve any of the problems that come with such an old sim. I’d rather have them enjoy a smooth experience then go through that again.

The man doing these conversions and releasing them as they become usable, says he is now up to about 100 planes! :astonished:

2 Likes

Piper PA-38 Tomahawk for Aerofly FS2 Added: Same Github Link: krzysk1 (krzysk1) / Repositories · GitHub

3 Likes