Aginor's weird NFL thread

BLINK BLINK

Just waking up from a few short hours of sleep. I had the weirdest dream last night. The Eagles made it to the Super Bowl (I know right?) and…hahaha…get this, they were playing the Patriots (yeah, nightmare fuel right??) and it came down to pretty much the last play of the game, with Brady poised to pull out a miracle ball, and yet somehow the Eagles won the Super Bowl. What a nutty dream. Thank God I’m awake and can put all that craziness behind me.

3 Likes

Can’t imagine what the parade is going to be like, the last Phillies one was insane enough and on Halloween on top of it. This is going to be a whole new level of crazy though, crazy enough to pass this time around.

Did anyone else think covering a city that likes to set things on fire with oil all over every light post was a bad idea??

1 Like

It’s amazing the positive effect a win like that can have on a community. Everyone seems to be a lot more friendlier and walk a little taller Monday morning. I expect that it’s the same all over the world, no matter the sport. Enjoy this year Philadelphians, past and present.

He’ll stay…

have you seen his performances with other teams?

Philly will keep him, if wentz gets hurt or needs rested, they’ll play the RPO Offense…

As for Brady’s 500 yards…

He sucked at short passes… Most of his completions were 20+ yards.

Why? Because 6 of the 11 Defensemen had the Flu…

Cook got knocked the eff out…

I thought Brady was oddly off target for those screens and short slants. He was definitely off and if he’d been himself it would not have gone our way…

You guys must be joking! 505 yards! Yeah, he had a few bad passes, including the last series, but come on. If the Pats defense would have done their job, and but for that single sack, we would be calling him an SOB for winning yet another Super Bowl. At 40 years old as well!

I’m not a TB fan, but he shredded the Eagles defense last night like a lightsaber through humus.

I thought it was a combination of the Eagles playing some pretty soft pass defense, and I remember thinking there were probably 4 or 5 passes that I thought Brady would have hit 90% of the time that he was off target on. That isn’t to say his play wasn’t stellar last night…it was…but those passes were ones I thought he normally would complete. There was something off there. And I’m not really talking about the last series…it was more in the first three quarters I thought he was missing some marks that he normally always hits.

the deep balls he just threw up and his WRs made adjustments to catch them and the Safeties had issues keeping up as a few of them had the flu, he was almost picked at least 4 times…

most of his throws were 30-40 yards, the short throws is where he was throwing off target

And Foles Shredded their Defense…

Dome Super Bowls = No Wind

The real Difference maker was their putting of Ray Finkle in at Place Kicker.

I thought Foles placed some balls into some impossible locations. Some of those passes were just insanely on the mark.

1 Like

He did that for Philly before…

2013:
Nick Foles
PHI
QB
203 of 317
64.0%
24.4 ATT/G
2,891 Total Yards
9.1 Avg
222.4 YDS/G
27 TD
2 INT
119.2 RATING

1 Like

Yeah, I agree with that. And Brady is throwing to some very gifted and tenacious receivers as well, who I will also agree were not being defended as well as they should have. How many times was Amendola wide open? A lot.

1 Like

Why was Butler benched? Does anyone know? Geez…that decision might has to haunt them…

“FLU”

But Philly played w/ 6 Guys w/ the FLU

I believe he was being disciplined, but NE Denied it.

I wonder how many times Belichick will be asked that question before he throws something at a reporter.

Was he late? ESPN is saying:

“He arrived at Super Bowl LII one day after the team, on Tuesday, because of an illness that he said had him at the hospital”

I wonder if it was as simple as the guy didn’t show up when Belichick told him to, the flu excuse was what Butler used, and thus was the excuse Belichick used against him. That dude can be brutal…

I’d love to recruit Belichick for our old guys lacrosse team. He can bring Hogan along too, although he needs a few more gray hairs before he can play in our league :slight_smile:

belichick-laxin

That guy looks like he’d make someone bleed. LOL. Gets hit in the mouth…bleeding…and spits blood on YOUR jersey… I actually like Belichick. I love it when he just tells reporters they are asking dumb questions. Definitely the ultimate GET OFF MY LAWN dude…

On another note…this is the call of the Brady fumble from 13 different announces. Latin American announcers are so much fun to listen to… Although my favorite might be the Aussie - “Eagles Recovah…!”

2 Likes

There was only one punt in that game? I remember it I think…Eagles punted and the Pats fair caught it… Is that right? Wow…

Reddit dug up this footage. Foles running that exact same play in high school…