Aginor's weird NFL thread

Now watching:
Atlanta @ Birningham.

I hope this league continues next year. It is a bit different but it is football.

Heard on the radio going to work:
“Hey, it’s baseball season! That means we’re one sport closer to football!”

The AAF is fun to watch, but it doesn’t begin compare to college football, or the nfl.
I’m just a traveler on this timeline, so I watch :slight_smile:

Yeah I think it lacks the atmosphere of college football and the quality of the NFL.
But I am curious how it will develop, in both of those areas.
Right now the most interesting things about the AAF are:

• the things that are actually different, like being able to listen to the video judge making the decisions and how the rule changes work
  • who might become an NFL player. Some of those guys are pretty talented but from tier 2 colleges so they were overlooked by the NFL scouts.
  • nostalgia about guys who either played NFL in the past, or played well in college but didn’t make the NFL

Well, unfortunately, the AAF is no more.

That’s really sad.
They say the NFLPA didn’t want to cooperate with them?
I am surprised about that. One of the reasons why I thought the AAF would make it is the support of the league by the NFL (compared to other football leagues who were meant as competitors with the NFL).

Very disappointing. :frowning:

Sooo…
Any opinions about the NFL draft so far?

I am a bit surprised the 1st pick really was Murray. I think the reason why the Cardinals were so bad last season was their O-line, not their rookie QB.

I think your thoughts are the same as many others when it came to their QB play. Hopefully he will be given a better opportunity elsewhere.

Frankly, I was quite surprised Haskins dropped as far as he did, but Washington definitely walked into a good spot without having to come up the board to get him.

As a Browns fan it was nice to not worry about how we might blow it in the draft for once this year :slight_smile:

1 Like

About Haskins: everyone seemed to assume that the Giants would take him, but they didn’t, and picked Jones instead.

A lot of defense players picked in the first round this time. And a few really great ones!

Still can’t believe the Giants chose Jones. I live 30min away from Duke. I’ve seen him play.
Phins did well with their first round pick! The trade for Rosen…

1 Like

Don’t worry piper the Phins will still find a way to make us dread watching them next season. Let’s consult the resident all knowing philosopher.

@discobot fortune
Are the Dolphins going to have a winning season this year?

Wheels

:crystal_ball: Reply hazy, try again

@discobot fortune
Are the Dolphins going to have a winning season this year?

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

@discobot fortune
Have you been drinking?

Wheels

:crystal_ball: Concentrate and ask again

@discobot fortune
Have you been drinking heavily?

Wheels

:crystal_ball: It is decidedly so

And there we have it…

Wheels

2 Likes

Aginor dusts off the thread

Hey y’all!
The preseason has started, so any thoughts about football yet?
I was excited to see the recap of the Cowboys game and see some old and new faces on the field. Excited for the new season!

I am also going to watch some college football like I did last year. Not sure how much exactly, three to four games each weekend is a lot.

Side note: I pretty much stopped watching Baseball. I sometimes turn it on while painting my Warhammer miniatures, but despite the interesting rules and possible plays it is just a tad too boring for me most of the time. I will watch a few playoff games but that’s probably it.

2 Likes

Very true. Seeing a game at the ballpark is a huge difference from watching on TV, something I have not found to be true (for me) with football and hockey. Plus the playoffs are usually a bit more exciting. Many of us “watch” a game while doing something else…we’ll add ;painting Warhammer miniatures to the list.

As usual, as a born and raised Philadelphian, I’ll be rooting for the Eagles again this year.

For college football, if you can catch Villanova vs William & Mary this season, keep a look out for me in the stands. :grin:

3 Likes