Aginor's weird NFL thread

Wear a Mudspike t-shirt!! :slight_smile:

We should definitely have a forum title for anyone who makes it onto a TV screen with a Mudspike t-shirt!

2 Likes

Got to watch my Dolphins play last week. Seems their 30-yr rebuilding plan is still ongoing…

Aginor, you should concentrate on college football. Much more exciting. Just pick a power-5 team and follow them.

For instance, you could follow Clemson, the currently #1 ranked team with their homosexual-like colors of purple and orange. Or you could follow a true, American, mid-western values team like Ohio State playing in uniforms of manly colors of scarlet and grey.

Just saying.

2 Likes

Did someone just say that Trees are more manly than Tigers?

2 Likes

So one vote against the purple and orange Mudspike t-shirt design…check.

To be honest I often don’t like watching the really good teams. The reason for that is that they play bad teams, too, and then the game is very one sided.

What I do instead usually is:
I look which games are on, on this site:

Edit: I also use my ESPN app.

I look at games in the right time slot for me to watch.
Then I go to this site:

There I search for the teams of above games and see if there are pairings that are not more than 15 ranks apart.

Example:
I would probably not watch Clemson vs. Georgia Tech, but I would watch Utah vs. Wake Forest. The overall level might be lower but I am not a fan of one-sided games.
…except when I am a fan of a team, but they have to earn that by playing interesting football.

What I like about the ESPN app is that it also displays the times in my time zone, and something that is probably a betting quote of some sort. It helps judging which might be close games.

But of course I’d love it if y’all make suggestions what to watch, and give me hints about rivalries or other fun facts making the games more interesting. :slight_smile:

Good thing it’s Utah State instead of Utah, otherwise that might have been just as lopsided :smiley:

I watch every year up until Tennessee loses to Florida yet again, which is like week 3 of the season, wonder how they’ll blow it this time.

1 Like

Guessing it won’t be scarlet and grey either, huh?-)

Aginor, if you can (over there) check out the MAC Conference. It’s a division that hardly in the Top 10, but very competitive and exciting to watch. Many NFL players come from the conference.

2 Likes

Haha yeah, that would be quite a different game.

Sounds interesting, I’ll check out if I can see a few games from there.

So… the Dolphins are going to start the season with Ryan Fitzpatrick as QB?
Hmmm… this might get entertaining. The guy is a brilliant player when he has his moments. When he doesn’t, then… well…

That’s when they call him Fitz-tragic…

1 Like

As a MAC conference graduate I couldn’t agree more!

1 Like

Talking about things not going very good:
Now that the Colts are out of Luck (yeah, probably an overdone joke by now), I guess it is Brissett’s turn now? Curious how well that will work.

1 Like

The kid’s been pretty solid in the play that he had, and he was definitely a standout in the ACC when he was in college (yes, I know I’m biased, since he played for/ went to my Alma Mater- GO PACK!). I think we can expect good things from him.

2 Likes

He has played quite some games as a starter, I hope for the Colts that he can indeed shoulder a season as starter.

Brissett will do well if he stays healthy. Basically the same Colt’s O-Line that played for Luck…

BTW, @Navynuke99, @Mudcat is there anyway to watch NCState play on tv other than paying spectrum cable more money? (which I will not do) ACC channel…

1 Like

ok, so found more robust options for you; https://getaccn.com/

1 Like

Thanks Mudcat! Looks like Hula will work.

So my daughter goes to ECU, I like NCState, and my Buckeye’s are all playing an noon.
Poor little tv remote going to get a workout tomorrow.

1 Like

You can always go to the stadium. :grin: