Air Hauler 2 for X-Plane discussion thread

Ouch. First flight… Now I feel better :smile: good luck, to you and me!

1 Like

Oh, oh. Just left there! Dang, I tried to get screen shots of the thing as I approached, to file a report, but they came out so low-res as to be unusable. Might have helped you and others. I’ll try fix this for subsequent flights.

Got the Twin Beech in there and out, though wasn’t sure there was enough runway (was plenty).

2 Likes

Nice looking Cub…! I love tundra tire airplanes…

Wow…Air Hauler really is realistic! :rofl:

A post was split to a new topic: AH2XP Update Thread

Fun fact: Twinkie’s were originally banana filled? Then I guess the profit margin wasn’t high enough so we got…whatever it is in there. I don’t want to know.

1 Like

Nope, Twinkies got their new filling because of World War 2.

Wheels

1 Like

Wish I could access my company from a website or my phone. Not that I can do much right now but would be fun to tinker.

2 Likes

Slopey found the issue with my exception error on cargo offloading. Posted in the AH2 support forum.

Many thanks - I’ve fixed the issue now - it was happening when you tried to offload cargo but had ferry fuel on board as cargo also - will be fixed in the next update :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the file - would never have found it otherwise! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I was thinking this earlier. A website or app where I could check and accept jobs for later and also to assign jobs for my AI pilots would be fun.

1 Like

You running xlife or something else fridge?

Agree. I also would like the ability to ‘chat’ with flyers, from AH at least, while they are on a job. I don’t see (or haven’t found) anyway to do this; once you hit "OK, after “Fly” you can’t do anything else. Or did I miss something?

Kinda like ACARS?

Ya you are locked into the flight monitoring window. Be nice if that chat functionality was included there.

1 Like

We could open a MAD chat on the Mudspike Discord I guess? (It would be neat if it were in game though huh?)

Ah, good point. I’m kinda new to Discord. Didn’t think about that.

Gotta be careful with these smaller strips, especially if you’re using Orbx. I’m noticing a bunch of them that don’t line up with the orthophoto. So the runway in x-plane is off in some cases 30 degrees it seems like. And you can bet your bottom Air Hauler wants you landing on the runway itself, not where the ortho says :smiley:

1 Like

Did AH not credit you correctly, for a landing or arrival? Just curious.

No, wasn’t my destination. But I’ve read that you can incur damage because it won’t be the right surface type.

1 Like

While the probability of malfunctions might be a tad high (it seems), it’s actually quite cool - the chance of losing critical instruments makes you a bit more aware of your mortality and maybe plan ahead a bit!

I was just thinking back to my flight and considering how unpleasant it would have been to lose the attitude indicator in bad visibility.

3 Likes

So I managed to find myself a PPL level pilot on the marketplace with maxed skills, who only costs me $1140 per month in salary apparently. So I hired the guy and he’s currently transferring to where I left my plane, since a new job popped up.

And while I am off doing other things, he will be earning me money :smiley:

1 Like