Air Hauler 2 for X-Plane discussion thread

That’s a great plan and some great planes. Though you start with a small airplane, the goal is to build “reputation” since the bank won’t give you a loan for a bigger plane until you’ve proven yourself. Reputation is gained or lost on each flight. I think you are shooting for 40 reputation (if AH2XP is the same as P3D)…

At that point, you can take out a loan and upgrade. The bigger plane can carry more stuff, and make more money. Well, at least if you fly enough. LOL…or you can do what I did and bankrupt a company.

The ticks down on that graph are instances where I might have dinged an aircraft or not fulfilled a contract in time. Usually because I picked one up that required two hauls on accident and I didn’t have enough time to complete the routes.

1 Like

This was my only issue with AH (in FSX/P3D); I don’t recall there being a ‘time out’ or ‘pause’ setting when the real world got in the way. I may have overlooked it however. I mean, it’s a neat idea but how practical? Oh wait, you could use your AI pilots to do the heavy lifting during your absence, by building a schedule, right? Been many years since I ran AH1.

I think…and I could be wrong (I’ll go check) that there was a “deactivate” command or something maybe that would idle the company. Lemme check…

1 Like

Well, I see the option to deactivate a base and it says that will cost $0 dollars. When I hit “reactivate” it says the next rent payment will be due in one month. So I assume you can go idle, deactivate your bases, and then you won’t be paying rent on them. That saves you fixed costs in that respect. I don’t know that there is a way to suspend your lease payments on aircraft loans though.

1 Like

Now that’s realism!

1 Like

If you owe the bank ten thousand dollars - that’s your problem. If you owe the bank ten million dollars - that’s the bank’s problem. LOL… Love aviation…

It will be really interesting to see how they’ve implemented the “multiplayer” / shared company part in terms of the finances. If the airfield rental is shared, it might be quite handy - not everyone has to fly all the time to stay ahead.

Conversely though, if its a fully shared kitty, we probably best figure out the AI plane routine, so that when ppl go on hiatus, others don’t have to carry the full burden of the fleet’s repayments…

1 Like

Get back to work!!

row1

2 Likes

Oh no, not Virtual Responsibility :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I’ve never done the Virtual Airline thing with Air Hauler…so no idea how it works, but looking at my menu for the P3D version it has some cool items. VA Chat is kind of neat.

1 Like

Hey look…I can transfer the debt from my old company to the new one! :wink: You guys should work off my old commitments so Vito doesn’t come break my legs…!

1 Like

Hey wait…are you guys gonna unionize?

2 Likes

Looks like we can keep the riff-raff out too…(you know, those Navy guys…they will be wanting to get a loan out to buy an aircraft carrier and make that our base…) :wink:

3 Likes

Dunno…how long is my lunch break? And of course I want flexible hours. And input on all management decisions. And…and… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey, check out this place: KCLM

https://skyvector.com/airport/CLM/William-R-Fairchild-International-Airport

Been there a million years ago (stayed in a B&B near there). Lotsa juicy terrain. Still diggin…

Main base perhaps?

Looking North

Looking South

1 Like

Unfair To Labor! We are on Strike!

(Wow…that didn’t take long at all… :hushed:)

3 Likes

The AH1 Job Board today for XP11 :grin:

1 Like

I’m way behind here so forgive me but - you got it working huh?

Yes, with this mod. The stock market and weather thingies aren’t working, but everything else seems to.

1 Like

It has some quirks though, and it is quite labor intensive to import your aircraft…and the big downside, if you chose to start a new company, you have to go through the data entry for each aircraft again.

Still, it was certainly better than nothing.

I’m looking forward to using a proper XP11 version.

1 Like